Sign in to follow this  
ukscotth

Will these wheels fit ?

Hi,

Im looking at some wheels on ebay and Im not sure if they will fit my vr6. Heres the info from the auction :

4 x 100 500kg

4 x 114.3 620kg

5 x 100 505kg

5 x 114.3 690 kg

17 x 7JJ

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

The VR is 5x100, 17x7's will be fine, better with 7.5's to fill out the arch, think the weights may be a bit heavy :grin:

you're better putting the link up, those are just specs of different fitments.

5x100 is what you need for the VR but hopefully you knew that already, the important bit after that and the size is the offset of the wheel.

Need et's mate.. these sound like they're aimed at small hatchbacks and if that is the case they might not clear your brakes without spacers...

Put up a link to the auction...

As Dukest said, it depends on the offset (ET) 35 is about perfect, high offsets will give rubbing problems with your suspention, low offsets will give problems with your arches, also check the centre bore, should be 57.1 for VW, some others, such as Subaru have the same 5x100 fitment, but the centre bore is smaller, these would have to be machined out. Do you know the make of the wheels?

Hi, yep there BK 166, so ET35 is perfect ?

Is the only thing I need to check now the centre bore and if thats ok then I can go ahead and buy them yes ?

so you didnt actually make sure they were 5x100?? :roll:

FFS, would it have killed to have put up a link or get the correct info before buying? Hope u get a refund mate.

Not trying to make you look stupid but those wheels look multifitment to me, ie 5x112 and 5x100, have you tried using the other holes?

i have indeed. The only thing I can think of is that they printed the wrong numbers on the back of the wheels and there not actually 5x100 :(