Critical_Mass

Gaz's Bordeaux Pearl VR NEW WHEELS!

Sweet, I'll prob go 8 up front and maybe 8/10 in the rear.

Where did you get the wheels from mate? i've seen them on ebay but they dont say anything about spacers.

Johnny

Got the from alloywheels.com

Despite me putting hte car details in the site said they'd fit and didnt mention spacers. So had some messing about to get them to fit. THOugh to be fair they did send free extended bolts out and spacers.

Right got a rather odd issue.

A couple of weeks ago i pulled into the petrol and the instruments were all ok. Pulled away after filling up and got to the lights i noticed none of the instruments were working - no speedo, no revs, no petrol or water temp, but car was running fine. Carried on and a few hundred meters down the road the water temp light flashed once and all the instruments came back on.

Now it has been fine for a few weeks now, until this morning. I was driving and noticed the petrol and water were lower than they were a couple of mins before - they were slowly going down. The rev counter was working fine, but the speedo was going crazy, it was going up and down like a yo yo with no relation to the speed i was going. I did hear clicking coming from behind the dash. Then everything started working fine again.

Are there relays behind the dash for the instruments as i did hear clicking whilst the instruments werent working. Anything else i can check.

Anyone heard of a KW V1s strut siezing? - i mean the actual up and down movement of the strut not the spring collar.

The issue described previous in this thread, where i get a slightly feeling of a juddering under my feet, not through the steering wheel. Ive spoken to my mechanic who suggests it could be one of the struts that have siezed. Seems worse going down the motorway over the concrete sections of the road.

Edited by Critical_Mass

Can anyone advise me on this. Starting to think my KW Coilovers are past is and need replacing - im not happy about the prospect of having to replace them

Still getting the slight bouncy juddering feeling under my feet. Car is awful to drive over a bumpy surface. Im not getting any clocking or anything. The front end just feels like its moving up and down very slightly and seems worse on some surfaces to others.

The coilovers have only been on the car about 3 years and done maybe around 30k miles.

Can KW provide the shock seperately?

Edited by Critical_Mass

Ah really, didnt realise the drop links or ball joints gave these symptoms. I looked at the drop links a weekend or so ago and thought they looked worn. Also getting a knocking when turning some times. Car will be coming off the road soon so will be getting things sorted.

Also, how do i change the ARB bushes do i have to take the plates that hold the back of the subframe to the car off, the plate the ARB runs through?

well today was the dread MOT and im pleased to say it PASSED!!!! however it did have 2 advisors.

The first confirms what myself and owen said and that was the play in the offside droplink.

The second was parking brake efficiency only being 16% of the whole braking system. So going to have to take a look at the calipers. The brakes feel fine but the handbrake could hold the car better. It creaks alot.

Hi all,

Well car has been sat on the drive for a few weeks for the winter and its still causing me issues. Firstly its been sat facing up hill on the drive and i guess with the heavy rain we've had the scuttle panel hasnt been able to drain correctly. So water had got down the blower grille and soaked all the glovebox shelf and that behind it :-/ Managed to get this dry.

However, i washed the car today in preperation of putting the car cover on it and the sunroof is leaking. The front seats are soaked!!!

Is this most likely just going to be the drains that are blocked??

not sure about the drains as when i removed my sun roof for respraying i cleaned everything out and re fitted the drain pipes and then a few months ago when my corrado was sat out in the rain for the first time since its respray the sunroof was leaking , the sunroof headliner was damp around the rear and was dripping onto the drivers seat , prior to that i didnt have sunroof leak problems

so i need to remove it and have a looksy, i dont think my problems the drains, yours could be

P.S where these new wheels? ;)

Well i noticed the seal didnt look in the best nick, looked dried out and had a little bit of green moss growing on it. Also where each end of the seal meets, one end was coming away from the actual sunroof. Managed to reseat it though.

However, after reading up on here i read the seal isnt meant to actually stop water getting through, its not a seal as such.

How do i get the sunroof out? I've looked for a how to, but cant seem to find one.

As for the wheels - i thought id posted a pic ages ago when i first got them. Must have forgot :-/ i'll get one up when i can. :)

not sure if theres an easier way but my headliner was removed because i welded up the aerial once thats out the way you just unplug the switch at the front and then remove the bolts holding the whole sunroof assembley to the roof and pull off the drain pipes in each corner, its easy and one person can do it, once the headliners out your see exaclty what needs to be done, first before all that i would open the sunroof all the way and have a look at the gutters from the outside in, you can see the front 2 pipes aswell from here, infact i should probably do that myself lol

not sure if theres an easier way but my headliner was removed because i welded up the aerial once thats out the way you just unplug the switch at the front and then remove the bolts holding the whole sunroof assembley to the roof and pull off the drain pipes in each corner, its easy and one person can do it, once the headliners out your see exaclty what needs to be done, first before all that i would open the sunroof all the way and have a look at the gutters from the outside in, you can see the front 2 pipes aswell from here, infact i should probably do that myself lol

yeah last thing i want it to have to remove the headlining.. not sure whats involved in that either. Doesnt it slide in as such from the boot? so to remove id have to slide it out from the boot hatch. I'll inspect the drains before removing. Does it need sliding into the roof or just tilt?

yea slide it fully into the roof so basicly you open your door and stand on the sill and from above you just have a good inspection at the gutters/drains from above outside , yea roof liner slides out from the boot, its not hard , you just need to remove the trim peices that holds it up , like the sun visors, grab handles etc etc , just think if its out though you can give it a good clean and maybe dye it black ? ;)

yea slide it fully into the roof so basicly you open your door and stand on the sill and from above you just have a good inspection at the gutters/drains from above outside , yea roof liner slides out from the boot, its not hard , you just need to remove the trim peices that holds it up , like the sun visors, grab handles etc etc , just think if its out though you can give it a good clean and maybe dye it black ? ;)[/quote

ok cool. didnt pick the best time of year to do this did i lol. Good point on the dying it part. :)

I found it on the old forum a few years ago,and saved it for a rainy day !

For some reason,I can't download it to the forum,.........yet. lol

I found it on the old forum a few years ago,and saved it for a rainy day !

For some reason,I can't download it to the forum,.........yet. lol

would you be kind enough to please send me a copy too :)

thanks in advance!!

Well checked the sunroof last night, the drain holes at least the fronts are clear and i confirmed it by pouring water down them - which came out of the other end. Was unable to check the rears as the car was on a slope and i couldnt see them.

I can only think its the seal as its a bit dried out and prob could do with replacing.. though doesnt look easy to replace. Can it only be the seal or the drain holes?

The seal isn't water tight ! Even when new.

I've had to unblock the rear drains twice on mine, I found the easiest way is to take the rear bumper off (4bolts) and rod (old cable) from the rear till you can see the cable,then check its clear with the jug of water.

This is it though. Its on a slop at the moment, facing down hill so all the water should be going down the front drains. It looks like water is getting in at the leading edge of the sunroof goin by the water thats on the inside trim panel and just above the sunvisors. Also right at the rear of the inside trim panel and seats.