Sign in to follow this  
ZeroK66

New Suspension Setup 2 - What coilovers?

Hello all,

Well my suspension setup has taken a bit of a back burner given I just popped my ECU today and had the exhaust sortof fall off yesterday - the joys of modded motors!! :mad:

Anyways, question to the board is what coilover kits are out there and what would you recommend. I know I should go for the latest and greatest given my power, but I have to try and stick to a budget (Of fork all really) to ensure no bank robbing occurs in the near future.

What are your thoughts? Bilstein, Koni, FK etc etc? What sort of prices is one looking at? Having read a bit about weight balancing and the comments made by those who have had this done - sounds like the thing to do!

Cheers,

Leon

hi leon i am also at this stage of what sus kit to go for i have heard good things about fk konisport kits , possibly the best kit out there but at £600-£700ish .now personally that is out of my budget.but you can get other fk kits at£ 300-£400 which are hight adjustable only but still very good over the usual cheap kits out there.as leon says any other views would be cool .cheers

brian.

Have to agree, the FK Königsport are nice, vvery nice (running them on my Storm Mk2 Rocco), use Koni dampers, and pass on the lifetime Koni warranty on the dampers.

Tempest

What about venom motorsports goldine coilover kit? is £340 too cheap?

yes, it's too cheap... I paid nearly £400 for mine... :cry: :wink: :roll: :lol:

It's actually a really good kit... I've not heard of anyone who's had problems with theirs, and I REALLY like the ride quality it gives.... Slightly firmer than standard, but not harsh at all.... 8)

Definately worth the money... 8)

the goldline is the supersport.

its pretty good. best described as henny says.

avoid any piston marking though. warranty is strict to say the least.

back ones have started to squeak every now n again. ive been runnig them for 2 yrs nearly now.

ive got FK Konigsport and think they are c%&p :cry:

dont like them one bit, done about 1500 miles and want to get rid of them. they feel well over sprung to say the least. :mad:

I had the Supersport Goldline kit on my MK2 and like it a lot. The rears were found to be leaking just after i sold it, after 13months of being on the car, and were replaced under warranty by Performance Solutions (highly recommended, excellent service). Other than that, no problems! 8)

Mmmm, seem to be hearing good things about the Supersport springs here.

Can you not get the spring strength adjusted exturbo?? Sorry to hear about your experience, but thanks for your input.

ive got FK Konigsport and think they are c%&p :cry:

dont like them one bit, done about 1500 miles and want to get rid of them. they feel well over sprung to say the least. :mad:

This what I thought about my Bilstein setup when it was installed last year, it took 3-4 weeks for the car to settle down, now its great. I dont know if Konigsports neeed bedding in, other members may be able to give you more on this.

Rik

Can you not get the spring strength adjusted exturbo?? Sorry to hear about your experience, but thanks for your input.

maybe but i dont see why on a new set of shocks and springs made for the car that the springs should need changing

has anyone else got these that could give me the part numbers please off there springs and shocks