Sign in to follow this  
trickyrobo

Nurbergring Visit

Troops,

I'm heading over to visit the Nurbergring World Cup Final weekend with my Brother and two friends (Hopefully England v Germany) Fri 9/7 to Tues 13/7. We will do a couple of mornings or afternoons on the ring and spend the rest of the time generally getting drunk and having a laugh. There are four fella's going taking my Corrado and my Brothers Mk1 Golf. We are camping at the Ring site. I know many on here have made this trip but are there any 'must do's/see's in the surrounding area you would recommend. All input would be welcome, thanks in advance, Cheers!

Not in the immeadiate area that I know of , I'd just driven back from there, actually surprised myself by not being bothers about going on the ring as I had enough fun on the bans......a good hour down the road is the hockinheim ring / race circuit that looks good too.....

A few little bits that I found...

Firstly it's well worth a trip up the castle, awesome views from the tower

Secondly a few doors up from the BMW showroom in the town of Nurburg is a restaurant that does some of the best pizza's I've ever eaten, really cheap too so a good place to line your stomach after a few laps and before a few beers. Which leads me on to my next point, nightlife is aweful, only town close is Adenau which is where everyone goes when the track shuts, it has one very very bad club right at the far end opposite the motorbike place, it looks shut but bang on the door for a late night drink.

All else fails have a few beers in the hotel and enjoy the free naughty telly which starts around 2am :)