Sign in to follow this  
holeinmk1

Recommend me a good corrado manual

Hi, as the title, trying to find a good manual for the corrado, i'd like to get a bentley manual, but mines a 16v and the bentley does'nt cover this model, the only other alternative i can see would be to buy a haynes golf mk2 gti 8v/16v manual to cover the engine, and a bentley for everything else.

Does anyone know of any other manuals?(i'm after an actual manual, not one on c.d etc)

Cheers, Tom :)

As you have already said really, Bentley one for the body work, then a passat haynes manual for the engine.

it is very similar with the VR, as the bently doesnt cover the UK ABV 2.9 lump

i know i personally do as you mention - ie use a bently for all the main stuff & then try to get a book which specifically covers the engine :)

i find the bently manual a great reference & a big help when trying to get a job sorted in my mind before carrying it out :clap:

This should be a good thread but I always read the 'Corrado Manual' threads and can never get any definitive answers. I mean, the Bentley seems to be the best but it costs £90 :shock: Is it worth that just to use it for reference from time to time?

Surely someone can recommend a decent one we can find on ebay. There seems to be at least 5 for the Corrado ranging between £5 - £90. If anyone has copies of a particular manual maybe you could rate them out of 10 for us.

This should be a good thread but I always read the 'Corrado Manual' threads and can never get any definitive answers. I mean, the Bentley seems to be the best but it costs £90 :shock: Is it worth that just to use it for reference from time to time?

Surely someone can recommend a decent one we can find on ebay. There seems to be at least 5 for the Corrado ranging between £5 - £90. If anyone has copies of a particular manual maybe you could rate them out of 10 for us.

Just try and hunt around for a 10 quid version :ignore:

No way i'd fork out 90 quid!

The Corrado manual on CD I bought turned out to be a PDF of the bentley manual, upon discovering this I of course burnt the disc...

Got one of the porter ones for sale if you are interested mate, £10 Posted. only selling as i now have A bentley one which Jude bought me for xmas.

Not as extensive as the bently but a fraction of the cost.

Burnt as in made a copy or burnt as in destroy?

Destroyed, as its counterfeit

[sub:26kku33q]I might not have[/sub:26kku33q]

So i was thinking along the right lines then :D , i would have thought one of the older manual companies like peter russek/ autodata etc may have made one, i think i'll go with the haynes for now and source a bentley in the future. oh well, i've been trying to find a proper vw manual, i was lucky enough to find one for my golf and the level of detail /illustrations is staggering, but then it would have as it was the real deal, sadly they are very rare, and when they do come up for sale they are invariably expensive and only cover one section(mine concentrates on the 1.6i engine).

Would it be ok to use a golf mk2 gti manual,or would the passat(88-91) as recommended be better?

Cheers, Tom :D

The Corrado manual on CD I bought turned out to be a PDF of the bentley manual, upon discovering this I of course burnt the disc...

If I got my hands on one, I'd burn it to :)

If I got my hands on one, I'd burn it to :)

i stupidly bought one...you can burn mine if you like :)