Sign in to follow this  
drewiee99

70HR superlative detail on a BMW V10 M5

Hi Everyone i wanted to share my first superlative detail with you all a 1 owner 15k v10 m5 in black. First off i had to drive it 15miles to the body shop in birmingham so got comfortable placed it in auto mode and slowley drove off. i didnt really like the look of the car to start or the gear box but my god the engine is awesome redline is around 8k and the noise is addictive like a old F1 car. I got onto a dul carrage way and thought i would see what it goes like not stupid it scared me, i put pushed the M button and the HUD came up with the rev counter at eye view going from green to red at 8k. I also changed a settings i put the gear shift to max. i rolled it on 2nd gear from a island and decked it, all i saw was the rev counter on the HUD go red so quick and the noise was ace, i used the stick like a sequensial box tapped it into 3rd then 4th only travelled 1/2 mile and it was shifting as quick in 3rd as the g60 goes in 4th. The car has had the limiter off so with 7 gears could do around 200mph i was never going to do that i was just having fun with 2nd 3rd and 4th gear.

Play time over check the slide show and pics to see the results.

http://www.slide.com/r/pZsjoa3e4D-2X5unWhhYg81vB1bT4reT?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

attacking a car that comes with free orange peel and swirls has to be done!!!! looks a million times better...

and its not hard to do guys, you could do with a paint thickness guage though, i have done it a few times (not the whole car though)

does the 70hrs also include working out how to change the gear change settings ?? if so you only spent about an hour cleaning the car :lol:

but great work :notworthy: i really need to attack my old mans BMW with some 2000 grade wet n dry so any tips on ding this??

karl

does the 70hrs also include working out how to change the gear change settings ?? if so you only spent about an hour cleaning the car :lol:

but great work :notworthy: i really need to attack my old mans BMW with some 2000 grade wet n dry so any tips on ding this??

karl

:lol: that made me laugh there was a lot of buttons etc but the only one i was interested in was the M button. if you hand block it with 2000 grit paper you may just get away with it other wise 3000 then compound, you will see when you wipe down a panal if there are any high spots still to flat. Use plenty of compound in the mop head to prime it and it keeps the holograms to a minimun.

attacking a car that comes with free orange peel and swirls has to be done!!!! looks a million times better...

and its not hard to do guys, you could do with a paint thickness guage though, i have done it a few times (not the whole car though)

I didnt bother with the gauge there not that good unless you buy one that tells you all 3 sub layers posi tester 200 £1200, i use jaytek racing as my insurance policy. I did burn through a few times on the sill but it was having paint anyway so just lacquered it over.

I wanted to do the G60 next, 1500 the whole car then lacquer the lot then 2000,3000 and finish with 4000 grit.

Amazing work. Refelctions are superb afterwards. Shame about the alloys though, each to their own and all that, but to my eyes there are some much better choices out there for an M5.

Stunning work mate...

Not sure what the owner was thinking with those wheels. They look like they have AC Schnitzer logo's on them which is surprising as they look complete and utter pap - totally ruin what is otherwise an absolutely stunning car!

Stunning work mate...

Not sure what the owner was thinking with those wheels. They look like they have AC Schnitzer logo's on them which is surprising as they look complete and utter pap - totally ruin what is otherwise an absolutely stunning car!

The rear spoiler and lights don't work either. :(

Stunning work mate...

The rear spoiler and lights don't work either. :(

I agree i wanted him just to go for a set of bbx RX2 split rims, but he got the schnitzer alloys at a good price with pzero nero tyres. They had a custom black colour with extra fleck to catch the sun. Ive attached some pics of his Ferrari 360 spider with a 9k custom stereo install to.

How much are you charging for a detail like that? PM if you want!!

Depending on the car and the paint finish, superlative Detail starts from £500 any paintwork that needs doing at a extra cost, but all can be done in one go.