oneohtwo

oneohtwo's VR6 - New Engine!

oh no! Are you sure it isn't from the fuel pipe into the fuel rail? They can harden over time and leak. Mine were replaced because of this also. The fuel is at high pressure so it is feasible for it to spray everywhere. 

Each injector is locked into place with a little clip, perhaps one of those has worked its way loose as another place to look.

Yeah, fairly sure. The pipes were new braided ones from Hel and didn't see any traces of fuel around them. Good shout on the clips, I'll have another poke around and see if I can see anything, but I think I am just going to get it towed to a garage. Don't really feel like I have the time and energy trying to fix this one... and it's not ideal with it parked on the road!

Well this is very odd. Couldn't really see any obvious issues, and when the tow truck arrived to pick the car up it started and ran perfectly. No misfire or lumpyness, and more importantly no fuel spraying out!

I've had it taken to the garage anyway to get checked out, and speaking to the mechanic apparently that does happen with fuel leaks. So we shall see.

That is odd! Perhaps it is an O-Ring like you thought that had dried out but now moistened up with fuel. I am only guessing though! Good Luck with the resolution.

Yeah, it's what the garage thinks as well. They're not getting any leaks either. He's going to leave it over the weekend and see on Monday, but looks like it might just have resolved itself.