Sign in to follow this  
Bobbywhacker

spoiler

Just had me VR6 a week now and I've noticed the spoiler only pops up when using the manual button... isn't it supposed 2 start lifting at 45mph??

Cheers

ha, i love that reply. Bobbywhacker, if your confussed sometimes when they install a car radio they mistakenly connect the wrong wires etc etc etc basicly they cause the spoiler to stop working automatically.

What all of the above are saying is that you should check behind your stereo for a blue and white wire which should not be connected to anything... :roll: :lol:

It's in the car to alter the volume of the original stereo so that it gets louder the faster you get, but most people who fit stereos don't know that, so they connect it to the aux power feed which stops the spoiler getting the correct signals to raise and lower automatically... :? :roll:

If it's not that, it could be that your relay/control unit is faulty... It lives under the dash, just by the manual switch.... 8)

Bear in mind that the speed can vary between cars... mine pops up at 80.... but then its a LHD..

Otherwise the stereo...

Bear in mind the spoiler lift points were spec'd in Km/h - the original cars lifted at 130 km/h (80ish mph), but then they dropped it to 70 km/h (45ish mph) at some date, and then changed it again to 90 km/h (60ish mph) for the later cars...

It has a sony CD head unit, dunno if its VW spec or after market so I really wouldn't know........ I've taken the beast up2 a respectable 120mph and the spoiler definitely didn't pop up.. I'm pretty sure VW didn't design it 2 only pop up at that speed! :wink:

Also on the subject of stereos, can any1 recommend a good set of speakers that fit in the original holes?

do a search for speakers, or have a look in the Ice'N'Secure topic as there is LOADS of info on speakers in there... General feeling is that it's different strokes for different folks, but I've yet to talk to someone who doesn't like the focals or the MB Quarts... ;) 8)

rrrrrrrrright..... after much messing about, the spoiler still doesn't work :x :mad: :x ... the blue/white is completely removed from the loom, the operation of the manual switch has been checked, the stereo has been completely removed, the wires to the spoiler have been checked for breaks and a new spoiler control module has been fitted.. and guess what? It still doesn't sodding work automatically!!! The only thing I haven't checked is the yellow wire... could someone tell me what this wire does and where it comes from please... and what does it do? I.e. does speed cause voltage to change across the wire or it is resistance which changes etc.. pllllllease help!