Sign in to follow this  
robrado974

sunroof motor and switch

right fitted sunroof cassette yesteday .the sunroof refuses to work all the time though. ive greased all sliding movements and it runs free when you turn it manually. ive got two motors and two switches ,tried them all swopping them around still nothing. ive moved the wires around but no loose connection.the motor and switches are doing what they are supposed to do though as you can here them clicking and trying to do there job,somtimes it will start to open then stop? any info welcome please thanks rob .

You might have 2 faulty motors?.......when mine packed in it had the same symptoms......would either not open fully or when it did it wouldn't close fully.......got a replacement motor and been fine since :D

I have an early motor which i know works perfectly as just removed it form a car, let me know if your interested ta Booth.

seems funny it worked perfectly when it was removed when c was stripped for respray and to have two that dont work??!!. thanks for info guys, how much for the motor chiller ? thanks rob

seems funny it worked perfectly when it was removed when c was stripped for respray and to have two that dont work??!!. thanks for info guys, how much for the motor chiller ? thanks rob

Yours posted for £30 let me know chers Booth.

Just a thought, have you sync'd the motors with the sunroof movements? There have been a few posts on here about it. You have to get the motor and roof trying to do the same thing at the same time or it locks up.

interesting this . cant find the posts though ,how do you mean sync them, i mean i know what sync means but i have the sunroof in line , wound it down manually to stop position ,before it starts to slide.then pressed and as said motor is twisting slightly trying to work ,so what you are saying makes sense. any more details thanks rob