Sign in to follow this  
The Boye

Heated seat crackle

Every time I switch on the drivers side, 5-10 minutes later there's a crackling sound coming from the passenger side of the boot. Once the noise has started, flicking the heated seat switch on/off also toggles the crackling on/off. The passenger side works fine with no problems. Any corrado guru's here know what's up?

not from the speaker is it?? maybe the wire for the speaker runs near the wire for the heated seat and you ar getting noise tranfered to the speaker wire. Sounds the most likely cause to me.

Andy

aren't the relays for the heated seats around there somewhere? I dunno for certain 'cos I've only got the fabric seats, but I remember reading something about that... :roll:

Yeah, the relays are behind the rear passenger side panel and as the seats get up to temp you can hear the relay clicking on and off.

It's probably a fault with the relay switch that's causing the noise then. I'll have a goosey behind the panel later in the week if the weathers any better.

Cheers.

Its probably more likely to be a cracked element in the heated seat pad. When it makes intermittent contact it makes the relay crackle. I can turn my drivers heated seat on and off by pressing at the point in the seat where the cracked element lies :shock: . If the seats are turned on accidentally the relay clicks and crackles as the contact varies. I would start on the seat pads first (or at least that where I will start looking when I can be bothered to take the seat out!)

Mike

I dropped the seat height yesterday and tried the heated seat switch, no noise for 30 minutes, so the break in the relay must be sitting square at the moment. Tidy!