Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

DRIVESHAFT SNAPPED!!!!

i could appreciate wear and tear on a cv joint but not on the shaft, so for the manager to fob me off with that excuse kinda annoid me.

people can say this that and the other but if it was you in your car and some one else broke it and then fooked you off and left you with an undrivable at 4:30 on a sat afternoon 15 miles from your house how would you feel.

i have to at least try and get something out of this would you not

im sayin you as in people and not pointin at one person by the way :D

i have had no contact from them and have since have to fix my car due to travel comitments. so far seems to have made no furhter complications with gearbox and surrounding parts. all in all a fix which for them is gonna be chump change.

i know there are two side to every story and that they would never admit liability as this would open a whole can of worms for them. the simple fact whilst the car was in the care when this happen is my problem.

i try to be nice with customer services / retail as i tend to find this gets you further. also having worked in retail i know its not always the person you speak to or deal with's fault.

on the phone or face to face yours always gonna get big talk! but puttingall this info down in writing i feel its gonna be harder for them back there corner

Picture of 'said' driveshaft?

Tandino, there's truth and sense to all you say. I'd go as far as agreeing with you too. For the sake of negotiating a deal from the garage for SimonG it is necessary to put forward the other side in detail. You'd appreciate that the point of wether a driveshaft should snap or not is in legal terms more an issue that would require VW specification and real life testing to actually prove, legally, no disrepect to you and despite the fact that I completely agree with the generally accepted truth that they don't just snap but even your extensive experience of what they can withstand is small when in context with all cars and driveshafts on the road, unless someone has a poll of how many people have snapped driveshafts in life we could argue whether they do/don't, can or can't snap.

SimonG it's unfortunate that the work is done to repair the car, in most cases this is the reality that we just have to move on, but, as you say use as much as you can from this thread and people you know to put a good case forward in writing which they can't ignore and you can keep pressing them, perhaps there will be something of courtesy from them in the end.

Good luck

bit of an update.

after no contact from the letter i sent national, which was sent recorded delivery so i know it got there. i rang them yesterday and was told the regional manager would ring me.

so today got a phone call from him nd after a quick chat and as a gesture of good will he said they would pay for the driveshaft. so this leaves me with a bill of £40 for transport and fitting.

in the situation im in and it going to be hard work and time spent persuing this. i decided to take his offer and cut my losses.

Si

Sounds like the best thing you could do, never good to dwell and stress yourself, take it and move on..............

I agree with daley, thats the best decision. You could end up losing out otherwise. Glad its finally getting sorted.

Though its always insulting when they say "good will gesture"