Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

Coolant temp good, oil temp bad

My rado used to suffer the usual high temps problem that alot of KR's do. However, since fitting a new fan and switch the coolant temp is fine. Yes it reaches 110 in traffic, but then the fans kicks in and it drops to 90, then it will rise again but the fan comes back on and lowers it, so the coolant temp takes care of itself. However, my oil temp remains in the high 110's regardless of the coolant temp. On occasion it has scared me and jumped right up to 126 for 30secs, only to suddenly drop straight back down to 112, no idea what this is.

Anyway, my point being, is there anything i can do to reduce the oil temp, considering the coolant temp is ok?

I do apologise for bringing up yet ANOTHER coolant question, but most seem around coolant and not the oil seperately.

Oil wont drop 14'C in 30 seconds, i would say that you have either sender or a earth problem, clean the earth to the block would be a good start.

same cracy oil temp readings here, except for coolant temps which are OK in my car.

did you fix it? how?

I'm not convinced you've dealt with the coolant temps tbh.

You shouldn't see over 100 degrees on the coolant, ever. The fans should come on at about 90 and slow down the climb rate, even stuck in traffic on a hot summers day you really shouldn't see much over 100 deg.

As for the oil, it'll lag quite a lot behind temp changes on the coolant as stated, but fix the coolant system first.