monzablau16v

Mystic Blue Storm - MYLene - CAR NOW SOLD

Love the work that's gone into this mate!

Very very nice! I need to do my headlining!

p1040811b.jpg

p1040813x.jpg

p1040814w.jpg

p1040815ka.jpg

p1040816ls.jpg

p1040817x.jpg

p1040819f.jpg

wiring diagram i made to help me remember which wires go where!!!

wiringdiagramforhidxeno.jpg

Edited by monzablau16v

Think it was ICI automotive, can't remember all the details but I have the left over paint that that bodyshop gave me. Will venture out to the garage and take a look for you when it isn't -5 outside!

Thanks

great thread mate. I too have scrapes on my sunroof.... I think its OK now but will inspect the fittings/ clips etc in the mech before re-fitting my sunroof thanks to you

very sweet looking car BTW

Ahh, the sunroof! Mine did exactly the same, brand new paint job, said to the painter, can you open the roof so I know it's back together properly. Then 2 seconds later, 2 dirty great big scratches!

He repainted the sunroof and tried again and it scratched. So 3rd time lucky, he removed more paint incase it was too much paint and started again and manage to adjust it enought and it clears fine. Also had the issue of the panel inside becoming dislodged.

It's the last thing you need once you spent an age making it all nice and smart. I managed to push the panel in enough and the clips latched on and since then it's been fine. The trim that covers the surround, the horrible grey one, mine was covered like how your is and this made the roof struggle a bit because it was new and a bit of tucking in etc sorted that.

I'm sure it's the combined paint, new outer sunroof seal and newly trimmed items which make everything that bit tighter. How are you getting on with it now? Or have you used brick and cliff get out clause?

I'm just like you, get very ratty with the car when things don't work. I'm quite placid otherwise. I feel your frustration when you can't fit everything back in because something else is stopping you.

Regarding the seatbelt cover head clips, I'm planning the same, nice touch. How does the trim look in the flesh? Are you happy you went with the holed alcantara over something smooth?

I painted my visor clips, it looks better than grey but the paint does rub off a bit until new ones can be made or found in black.

I am not keen on the grab handle though or pussy handle as it's otherwise known. Think you should leave standard or trim the lot. It just looks like you had a bit spare and got carried away! Like someone I know very well.... Me!

Love the lights and attention to detail, super job. Really looks like a nice face lift as the rado lights have always looked a bit sleepy.

You are one talented chap though from what you have done. You should be proud of that! Car looks like a keeper

Rams

as always - thanks to you all for the words of encouragement. Very happy with the retrim, really makes it a nicer place to be inside the car with the feel of alcantara instead of the cheap vinyl on plastic. Lights are great too - it is like driving in the day with full beam (not that i do that like some eejyats on the road!)

Very happy with the perforated look on the alcantara, which i know may not be to everyone's taste but i think it looks and feels ace, it also makes the car feel a bit more modern on the inside. One thing I didnt document or photo was putting all the plastic interior back together (dash trims, glovebox, lower shelves etc...) That took an absolute age and i used the foam tubing i bought to make sure there were no loose wires to rattle about behind the plastic which would have driven me mad! Glad to say bar the tiniest little squeek when going over speed bumps - all sounds good from the front end!

Rams - seeing your leather refurb really inspired me to give the retrim thing a go myself, so cheers chap!

Abdul - seen the new motor, looking great... best colour too :)

Vag-HAG - sunroofs are terrible things... i must have wasted a good month of my life on them. I need to get the panel resprayed at some stage (when the weather is a bit better though!)

:)

It's a real shame you're selling after so much work has gone into it. Lovely car. Good luck with the sale.

It's a real shame you're selling after so much work has gone into it. Lovely car. Good luck with the sale.

thanks.... yes I never thought I would have to sell it. Moving overseas just means I don't have any option but to sell up :(

Going to reduce the asking price this week to £4300 (with all in car audio) and £3900 (without amp, sub and component speakers).. then I think i will list it on eBay classifieds.

thanks