somersetdub

Somersetdub's Aqua Blue VR6

Yeah the turbo'ing went well... for a couple of weeks!!!

The car started to not boost quite as it should, so last week I was driving it back to let Vince take a look (nothing major)...

On the m5 on the way up the oil buzzer came on. Got recovered to stealth and basically the oil pump drive shaft decided to randomly snap and destroy my engine!!!

b803aab9422b54780da4693544f1ec92.png

So tomorrow the car is being brought back home and I'm going to have to rebuild the engine again, using a low mileage 2.8 block I had spare. Fun!

It was great while it lasted, very fast indeed and I can't wait until it's running again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had these traumas, I feel your pain, hang in there bud

holy crap on a stick!

i feel bad for asking now lol

really sorry to hear about such pain!! and so soon after such a big spend :(

pleased for you that you can do the rebuild yourself though as most of us would be looking at another huge bill

good luck

did you end up strengthening your gearbox internals & LSD it?

Lol, don't feel bad.. leave that to me!

I have almost posted on here a few times since the conversion, before and after the engine failure, but just haven't for one reason or another.

Yeah I'm glad I can rebuild it, but it really is a pain all the same.

The gearbox wasn't strengthened internally, but Vince reckoned it would be fine as it was. It already had a Quaife fitted.

I was really impressed with the way it put all that power through the front wheels, it was great fun. It was running around 380bhp.

Ouch! Was looking forward to seeing how the turbo worked out on this, terrible luck.

I think I might have jacked it all in if that happened, good job you had the spare... Glad to hear the turbo was worth it though and you'll be back on the road. How does it cope on the corners with the extra oomph?

It really was great to drive.. it coped amazingly well with all that grunt to be honest.

The big brakes definitely help when it comes to making progress too!

I can't jack it in at this stage. I had only just started enjoying it really!! Ive got to get it running again, ive just got to save a bit to afford all the parts I'll need first.

It really was great to drive.. it coped amazingly well with all that grunt to be honest.

I can't jack it in at this stage. I had only just started enjoying it really!! Ive got to get it running again, ive just got to save a bit to afford all the parts I'll need first.

Good man, that's the spirit. You can't call yourself a VRT veteran until you've blown at least one engine and/or gearbox :thumbleft:

Good to hear it! Nice to know the old things can handle that much power. I'd like a little bit more I think but 380 sounds quite a lot!

Can you salvage much from the old block?

Not sure yet, but hoping to use the head only really.

You like more than 380?! How much would you like?!

I can concur 380 is massive. I had a brief run in this car with Theo and I was blown away, especially with the fact there was virtually no wheelspin at any time. Fantastic and neat engine bay work.

Ballistic!