Sign in to follow this  
pkradman

havin a a rimage bubble !!

ok .. i need ur thoughts and advice ..ive just got these rs wheels and im not completley happy with the rears they stick out too much im thinkin :shrug: they have 4" outters and the fronts have 2.5 .. also im thinkin they woukld be illegal ?? they stick out 40mm past the body .. what do u guys think ?? will i have to change the outters if so is it a pain ? ...lee

rs.jpg

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

Stick out too far IMHO.. nice wheel but the offset is a bit wrong I think for the Corrado.

I think they are only illigal if the tread sticks out past the arch. Hense why there are some crazy amounts of stretched tires out there.

its on fk coilovers i could go lower but the speed bumps pi$$ me off as it is .. do u think it would look better lower is that what ur implying ? 8)

gotta lose at least an inch off the rears really, they still might be too wide though, they are 9.5's on the back right? you might wana check out what the et's of all the wheels are. changing dish's is pretty straight forward just make sure you seal them properly!

theres deffinately no way you could get it to sit right on those 9.5 rears without pulling/flaring and rolling the rear archs. just my opinion of course..

man there a nice set of rs's

as for the law theres so many ifs and buts, but i think the crack is your not allowed more than 30mm to stick past the the top of your arch thats tyre, rims or bolts, but i think its at the polices discretion so its a weird one and if you dont want the hastle then probly best to reduce them

as for the wheels, it depends on the look your going for, for me i would make the arches suit the wheels as 4" rear dish is what dreams are made of :lol: but i like low and wide rados :) (i know thats not to everybodys taste) , but if you dont wana play around with your arches then i guess like said you would have to reduce the outter dishes :( which also like said is not a really big deal, they sell the dishes on ebay (but i guess you knew that) but you also might wana try this place they seem really good when it comes to bbs wheels www.pwmotorsport.com/

have you tried one of the fronts on the back to see how they sit? as that would give you an idea of what sort of dish you would want

perksy

its on fk coilovers i could go lower but the speed bumps pi$$ me off as it is .. do u think it would look better lower is that what ur implying ? 8)

haha deffo look better lower, lower the better :D , but if its a daily then thats not always a good option and like you said can be be a bake when youve gota keep your eyes open for little stones on the road never mind the pot holes

also what is the spec on the wheels and have you got a pic from the back to see how much they poke please

far too high looking at those pics

thats the problem with 15's......gota drop it to the floor to give it a good gap between the wheel and arch

by the way the wheels are SEX!! :salute:

slam it and add some camber on the rear, probably need to cut the lips of the arches 8)

I can't believe no one else has yet mentioned use of the phrase 'Rimmage Bubble'.

This place is going downhill :tongue: