Sign in to follow this  
Kempy

thermostats

just a quicky... My valver went off the road nearly 2 years ago but before I took it to my barn its in now, I took it to a well trusted garage. The problem with my car was that its overheated and got too hot too quickly, they did a few tests, cant remember if they did a pressure test though, anyway........

They fitted a thermostat as the one in there was botched open. so last week I managed to get the car running after fitting the replacement head but the same problem of overheating happened. So I got the old stat out and tested it and it didnt open when I stuck it in the boiling water. Do they get stuck over time and lack of use?

Also do the stealer or somebody cheaper stock them off the shelf as I'd like to get one tomorrow when I fit the rest of my new bits

cheers

generally TPS have to order my stuff in do you think they will have one on the shelf?

euros are just round the corner from TPs and I get discount at both 8) hopefully one of them will have one