Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

Golf MK4 integrated mk5 parts??

Been touring the rockys in Canada for a few weeks and noticed this style of golf,its a mk4 with mk5 front and rear end,truly a odd ball.....did we ever get these in the UK....and why?? they have a mk4 and mk5 golf over there anyway,why the need to make a odd ball :cuckoo:

DSC_0526.jpg

Yeah it's a Polo front end, called a City Golf (as opposed to the Rabbit) and made by VW Brazil.

Dinkus might know a bit more about it....

VW Brazil kind of do there own thing to suit the styling of the US - the same as China who are still using a Corrado look alike dashboard in the Jetta.

ah thanks,every time i walked past one of them i do a double take...its ugly....really ugly :lol: ,cant find a pic of rear end,it looks odder than the front,i suppose its the same as the mk3 cabriolet with the mk4 front end.....just spare parts and a gap in the market to full :scratch:

never seen that before its a odd ball for sure! kind of has a saab look to the front end....wierd!

Thats exactly what I was thinking - sort of mutant Saab :pukeright:

I like that steering wheel though...

Its the same as youll find in most Mk4 Golfs...

Fantastic mate 2000km trip that started in Vancouver to Whistler, Clearwater,jasper,banff and the Calgary so much to see, stunning lakes,rivers waterfalls etc...endless scenery defo worth th trip! :D

I like that steering wheel though...

Its the same as youll find in most Mk4 Golfs...

Ahaa thanks :p

My 'rado is probably like maybe the 4th vag I've ever been in?

Ford Family here!

Just googled the city golf... erm Interesting...

Yeah it's a Polo front end, called a City Golf (as opposed to the Rabbit) and made by VW Brazil.

Dinkus might know a bit more about it....

VW Brazil kind of do there own thing to suit the styling of the US - the same as China who are still using a Corrado look alike dashboard in the Jetta.

I thought the City Golf was the MK1 style one with the polo interior that they only just stopped making. Possibly in South Africa, can't remember.

Having said that, the thought occures that there is no reason that 2 cars on 2 continents can't be called the same thing... I'll get me coat.