Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Anyone know the EXACT weights of the 95 Corrado VR6?

Wasn't sure where to post this - but came into a "funny" (NOT) trouble with the guys doing registration work here in Norway.

Apparently my 95 VR6 have been registered as a 2 seater (1 driver and 1 passanger) in Sweden. And the cause of this seem to be that the difference between the car weight and the total allowed weight is under 300kg.

I'm doubting this to be correct - so have to digg a bit further before I pay the taxes on it - I need to get the data right before registering it, as coming to those guys wanting to change something afterwards I would think would be even more difficult.

Anyone happen to have the exact data on those 2 weights - preferable from one with airbags (IIRC you guys never had airbags in the UK versions?) - but would also be interesting in seeing the weight of a 95 without airbags.

thnx again

had a look and seem to be 1240kg - but doesn't say anything about maximum loaded weight - any idea?

Maximum permissable laden weight is in the manual.

1240Kg for Vehicle weight is about right. I actually weighed mine on a weighbridge and with a full tank of fuel it was 1260Kg.

Have you got public weighbridges in Norway?

do you not have the VW Corrado handbook that came in the car?

my 1994 handbook states 1240 for the VR I think, but obviously with options this varies a bit, I would have thought the info from the correct country handbook for your car would be as good as a legal statement from VW as you can get?

I would think so to - but highly doubt they will take that as is.........it's a pain in the a**** to deal with these kinds of things here.

Just had one guy use a whole f*** workday to get the paper work straight and look at the car - he even suggested I'd get a new appointment to get the coilovers into the paperwork (cause there was sooo much work involved checking it) - this was after waiting over 1 month for an appointment.

When I finnished I drove back to the reception and was given a new appointment right away - the same guy came out again - took the car inside, put it on the lift jacked it up, took of the rear tires and measured the thread space on the coils - took him f'in 10 minutes or so to do..........still he wasn't convinced he was able to finish the paperwork today.........so I hung around....lol - ended up getting the paperwork, but obviously it's wrong as it's only a 2 seater at the moment....lol......

I'l have to check into this further tomorrow though.......:)