Sign in to follow this  
JNVR6storm

Respray help needed!!!

I currently have a Dragon Green 2l 16v Corrado which has had a really terrible paint job done on it before I bought it. I don't know whether to keep this paint code or maybe go a darker green/Blue. Does anyone have any suggestions. I would like to chage the colour slightly however have not ever seen a new shiny dragon green corrado so I am in two minds. I saw a corrado at Edinburgh airport and the guy had a lovely respray, this was a dark dark bluey/greeny colour almost, it was stunning. Any suggestions or pictures would be very much appreciated. Thanks June :D

depends how much you have to spend. its a lot more expensive to change a colour completely than it is to go over the exterior in the same colour.

that said, if you can get a different shade that would slightly complement the original one then perhaps leaving the engine bay, door shuts, boot surround etc unchanged might not be so bad.

Love Dragon Green!! If and when I ever get a respray, im having it done Dragon coz for 1) i think its an awesome underated colour, and 2) mine already is that colour and as Dukest says it's cheaper to spray over with the same(ish) colour :lol:

Hi mate, i've got a dragon green VR and had a full respray last year here a few pics of it from after the respray the second pic does'nt show the colour very well

cybershot555-1.jpg

cybershot589.jpg

The Dragon Green is lovely, especially seeing those pictures of the recent respray. Do you mind me asking how much you paid for that? What a brilliant job they made. My respray is the beginning of a whole new make-over, hopefully it shall be complete by the end of August. I am getting full leather interior from another Corrado, bought new 15"TSW alloys after changing from 17"s to 15"s but they just don't look right so going back up to 17"s. Just spent about £1500 on engine and some suspension work so she is running lovely, now the fun part-the exterior, I can't wait, will keep you posted when the work is complete!! :)

hmmm, i cant help but think that dragon green is the same as pearl green, from looking at the paint codes and the years they were used pearl green ends 93 and dragon starts 94...dubstar your VR in your sig looks identical in colour to my valver which is pearl, likewise with yours andrew...

(dont shoot me! im not saying yours isnt dragon green) but its an easy colour to mix up and they may infact be the same colours, just different codes for the different years, i just dont want JNVR6storm to use the wrong colour!

i use to have dragon green pearl effect VR, loved that colour... was there a colour just called dragon green though?

Mine is definitely dragon green and that is 1993, so is yours pearl effect Andrew?

Hmm, dragon green was only available in 94, a tad confused now :?

It definitely says on the sticker inside the bonnet that it is dragon green, however there was a crap respray done a coupleof years back that was done on the car before I bought so it could have been changed to dragon green, wait I shall post a Picture of it and see what you think!!DSC03197.JPG[/attachment:1yfp6uw1]

Yeh mines dragon green pearl and the paint cost me £1000, but the car was left with the body shop to paint as and when they could work on it and the body shop owner is my neighbour and friend so i got more for less!

I had a quote not to long ago the guys worked it out as 50 hours labour which included smoothing body work ,removing windows, trim but not the engine all for roughly £2500.

Its definitely worth seeing previous jobs the sprayer has done for peace of mind as i have seen a few shody jobs in the past!

My vr is dragon green it was registered january 94 but came into this world in 93 its possible some cars in lc6p were registered earlier than 94