Sign in to follow this  
Akinesis

ABS Light...

Quoted from the pre-buying check-list:

"ABS – Should be included on all VR6 and 2.0 16V's (should also have traction control as well). Some later G60's had ABS. It was also an option on the other models as well.

There should be an orange ABS light in the dash to the left of the driver (It has been known for cars with faulty ABS for the warning light to just be removed!!"

OK, I may have suffered the ABS light being removed. Is this actually labelled 'ABS', or is it just a unmarked filament? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but I just want to be sure about all this. If someone could take a pic of this lamp illuminated, that would really help me.

I seem to keep finding things wrong with my Corrado :brickwall: But I love it :luvlove:

its at the top of the dash, above the foglight switches etc. and it is labelled as i recall. it looks black until it comes on orange

Ah - I looked only quickly there. But if it's black until lit then that'll explain why I missed it :D Well, I don't think it lit up. I saw on a previous MOT that there was an ABS light on, but I can't see any paper work to say that the problem was fixed. Will have to pull it out and have a look.

Many thanks!

it should come on when you start the car and then go out again, if you haven't read that already.

Can someone confirm all 16v and vr6 corrado's came with traction control? Didn't know that.

How did I miss the ABS light!?! It's right there in front of me :lol:

OK, so I took it out and sure enough their is no bulb. In fact, it's been smashed out :(

So I need a new ABS light unit and then start fault-finding to see if any of the recommendations cure the problem. I'm assuming the problem is still there - there's no receipt showing a fix to the ABS following the MOT failure. It looks so well looked-after, but the owner at the time obviously didn't care for it that much :bad-words: