Sign in to follow this  
Ad's 16v

Pulling to one side

When i drive the car at 50ish MPH it tends to pull towards the kerb and even to a lesser extent at slower speeds. :?

I've very recently changed the front wheel bearings, had new tyres put on the front and of course had them balanced which has stopped the stearing wheel wobble but it still pulls to the N/S

When i go over bumps in the road the suspension (or what i believe to be the struts) tend to crash a little louder than i feel they should ?? :? :?

I think that i may need a new suspension set up as its still running the original stuff.

If anyone has any thoughts or think they can help with my problem i'd be much obliged. (1993 2.0 16v)

Hey bud,

Re: steering... first off I'd suggest getting the tracking & wheel alignment done (this way you'll also know if there's any problems with stuff like the track rods) and then if that doesn't work check that all the stuff in that area is how it should be (front wishbone lower arms and their bushes in particular!). I'm assuming that your brakes are ok, a sticky front caliper might do that too I guess...

If you're still on the original suspension, then that might also have something to do with it (usual checks are top mounts, maybe engine mounts too - this might be where your crashing is coming from?).

If you can afford it, I'd recommend changing the suspension, it makes a world of difference, even if you only go for OEM stuff (like I did).

Good choice of C btw 8)

(P.S. where in the SW are you? My folks are in Cornwall...)

DtM.

It might even be caused by a sticky *rear* caliper.. And they're much more prone to sticking than the fronts.

Cheers guys, I've recently had the the tracking done when i had the wheels balanced and the rear calipers were both changed in 2002. so i'm still prone to thinking that it might be the suspension or one of the bushes or possibly an engine mount. still not entirely sure.

So i'll have to really check all these things :? . Any ideas how :oops:

P.S. duncan i'm in frome, about 13miles south of bath.

Cheers guys, I've recently had the the tracking done when i had the wheels balanced and the rear calipers were both changed in 2002. so i'm still prone to thinking that it might be the suspension or one of the bushes or possibly an engine mount. still not entirely sure.

So i'll have to really check all these things :? . Any ideas how :oops:

P.S. duncan i'm in frome, about 13miles south of bath.

I wouldn't be the one to explain how you can check these things, but there's plenty on here that will...

Being the eternal lazy bar-steward, I'd take it to your local friendly mechanic (maybe someone can recommend somewhere for you?).

I'm quite fortunate in that I have four places to go whenever I need something doing... (in addition to asking on here) ...and :shock: that even includes a $tealer that knows what a Corrado is and even has people that were born before the car was made :-P

Generally speaking I'll narrow down the problem using the (very) nice people on here, then you can go to someone and say "check this part for wear please" rather than leave yourself open by saying, "something's wrong can you find it". Since inspections will only ever cost you labour, limiting what you ask them to do, will stop them charging you hours of time for finding nothing, or charging you for stuff you don't need doing (yet :lol:).

Hope this helps!

DtM.

I had / have exactly the same prob m8 after having both front wheel bearings done & a full set of Pirrelli P7000's had the tracking done and camber & it still pulls a little to the left but then all cars will follow the cmber of the road hence it will always pull a little to the left or right depending on the camber of the road.

I also had 2 none repairable puntures within 500miles of having my new tyres :cry: What are the chances?!!

Cheers Cheesy, Have you had a new suspension set up or are you till running the original stuff :?:

As i'm still convinced this is the problem. But without changing the suspension I don't really have any way of checking it.

nah I haven't had any new suspension since I've owned the car, which is about 18months. I was advised at the last MOT that my rear shock absorbers are close to a fail and also that my steering rack has some play but not enough to fail. I don't think that either of these things would effect the car's geometry i.e. wheel allignment