Sign in to follow this  
monzablau16v

iPhone holder / mount

Hi,

looking for a decent iphone mount. Something which would fix to the right side of the windscreen/steering wheel (i dont like mounting stuff in the middle of the screen). It could attach to either the screen or the airvent. Just needs to look classy and not like it was made in a school project!

what have you guys got, pics would be lovely!

cheers

Not alot out there for iphone 4 yet. Theres this but looks a tad flimsey to me :?

BELKIN-WINDOW-MOUNT__FRONT_MEDIUM.jpg

Belkin iPod / iPhone Window mount

actually just looking for the iPhone 3G, not rich/bonkers enough to own a iPhone 4 just yet :D

thanks for the reply though.

Then the Griffin windowseat is one of the best. you get 3 cradles (fits all models), extension (so it can reach across long dashes), and it sicks to the window like pigeon crap. its a good purchase :D

I had a brodit kit with my fiesta, the placements aren't exactly ideal for the 'rado though, as it's the left hand side of the centre console.

Still have an unused holder for a brodit kit 3g, just no car mount attatchment!

I had a brodit kit with my fiesta, the placements aren't exactly ideal for the 'rado though, as it's the left hand side of the centre console.

Still have an unused holder for a brodit kit 3g, just no car mount attatchment!

Bit of a resurrection but was the Brodit kit any good, even though it was in the Fiesta? I'm looking for a mount that fits inside the stereo area so I don't need to drill the trim. I also don't want a suction-mounted one as I already have this and it just looks a bit naff.

Any ideas?

I have the Tomtom car kit for my iphone its either dash or window mounted with a rotating cradle and GPS booster. It has an inbuilt hands free speeker DC 12v in and audio out. its really secure when its docked.

a bit pricy tho. I got a new kit off ebay for £68 posted71rbfR4hAUL._AA1500_.jpg[/attachment:2gn7ordh]

Got an iPhone4 mount from HMV, can't remember the brand but it's very good.

Does the tomtom app for the iPhone actually work? The reviews on the app store seem to slate it. £60 for the app and £70 for a mount. Surely you'd be better off with a regular tomtom satnav that actually works? :shrug:

Does the tomtom app for the iPhone actually work? The reviews on the app store seem to slate it. £60 for the app and £70 for a mount. Surely you'd be better off with a regular tomtom satnav that actually works? :shrug:

yeah its pretty accurate compared to a standalone unit from tomtom. it has a GPS enhancer built into the cradle but the gps in the iphone itself i find is pretty damn good. the only time it messed up was when i asked it to take me to terminal 2 of Manchester airport at it was determined to take me to term. 1. I did a comparison with a mates tomtom and it took me to the same terminal so i guess its on par.

It gets slatted because its a pricey app. most think that its better to just buy a regular tomtom for that money but a regular unit doesn't have a built in ipod or phone so i think with this app its now an all in one. its turn by turn navigation and performs just as well..

I just looked on amazon.... the car kits are about £99....I know its a lot. but i just haven't found a better one. Ebay jobbies are about £65-80 new.............tomtom also do an adapter for the iphone 4G as well as the original kit is for the 3G/3GS

the tomtom app for iphone is currently only £42.99 so for those of you without a regular satnav...its a worthwhile option...the car cradle will break the bank tho... but its worth it coz..well...it kinda looks a bit OEM :D

I got an Arkon air vent mount, had and air vent mount before only a cheap universal job and that was poor compared to this new one I got, extremely secure holding the phone and same in the vent, it just doesn't move at all, swivels too. £13 delivered.

I use the co pilot sat nav and it's extremely good, not too much info like some sat navs I have used in the past like turn onto B1698 in 2 mile, just the right amount of info displayed and spoken and fully customisable to your needs and I use it everyday all day for my work and it's never not found my destination in 8 months, couldn't possibly live without it. You can do all the set route type, arrival time, plan various stops as you want them or the best way it thinks. Just have a car charger as 1 journey and the battery is dead, works in both portrait or landscape and you can still use the iPhone to do whatever with background navigation or play music and access all of it.

I paid £28 as I was desperate for it and was apprehensive about getting it but as I say I'm so glad I did. Money very well spent and is the single best app I have bought. Traffic is useless on it though I thought it was going to be like Tomtom with auto reroute to avoid congestion but it's not it just says incident on route.

Best of all I don't have to hide the satnav in the car as it's in my pocket along with all my cd's and phone.

Yes I'm on apple commission.

Check out RAM mounts, they're extremely well built and rock solid!

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/Apple ... fault.aspx

They can have interchangeable cradle / base parts for easy upgrades.

I use 'em on the rado and on my bike, with iphone(navigon) and a veypor race gauge.

Part ID: RAP-B-166-2-AP6U also fits nicely in the center consul.

Can be had for about £20-£25 from ebay usa.