Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Whats are your thoughts??? Storm questions

I thinK a lot of ppl get too obsessed with badges, IMO I wouldn't pay any extra for a storm that's essentially just a VR with leather, a specific colour and different wheels. I couldn't care less to me it's no more special than any other well sorted VR, it's not like vw ever made it that special tbh. If you bought a storm for that reason, for the bragging rights then keep it standard but it's your car and I say make it your own, everyone has individual taste, but there are good points that if you ever want to sell it then beware ppl mY want these mods reversed. I personally like the Audi handles, much smoother but it's a lot of work for something that's not broke In the 1st place? Just my 2p :)

VW / Karman by default made a good marketing campaign with the ' Storm' lots of hype and when you speak to someone who likes corrados but doesnt know a lot, they say, ' they made a storm model'. I agree with the above, its nothing more special that a well specked VR but they have thrown it in to nake you believe its better. So VW marketing hooked me in a long time ago when in essence, its not a lot different. However, theres a feeling of proudness to myself that I have achieved a goal I set which included it being a Storm. If I see any nice Corrado, or looking through the members gallery, I dont grade a car, I just appreciate the car and what their owners have done. We are both talking about the same thing anyway, being proud of what you have achieved is the most important thing.

Noticed your in Bmth, are you Charminster way?

Ah didn't even realise you were local, iPhone makes everything so small, lol. I'm in The center of westbourne, just round the corner. Where are you in charminster? Know of a few other VRs, corozin and woody are local to here too.

Don't get me wrong i think the storm is a great car but just doest justify the extra premium for being so over an indentical VR with leather, I don't like the solitudes and wouldn't leave it standard as I don't like the standard rideheight. Fair enough some ppl like to have their cars as rolled out of the factory but I like to emphasis the clean lines and modify it in what I feel to be improvements. Each to their own, it's thanks to ppl leaving theirs standard you can buy one and start on a clean slate :)

My girlfriends sometime drives my car and her sister lives in Westbourne, but I live just off the highstreet in Charminster. Do you go to the tidy vag meets?

Can hook up when the rado is ready and get the others together for a beverage? know theirs a chap in Christchurch, I'll ask him when hes available?

small world hey, sounds good mate, i know of woody in highlciffe, not been to a tidy meet for a long time now, my mates arent into cars and never as much fun going on your own! lol, id love a mini meet tho! i lived in winton for a year and now in westbourne opposite pizza express :)