Sign in to follow this  
huggy

HELP! Alloy wheel choice / advice please

Hey definatley going to change the alloys on my rado the bbs are nice but dont make me go emmmmmmm.

So after strugeling to decide what alloys I like for ages Ive boiled it down to two, not at a later date I will have some work done on teh inside of the alloys, a few of you might have seen it in preformance vw a while back kinda like grafiti on the inside of the alloy kinda different adds intrest i think. So now the two questions.

1. 17"s or 18"s note the raddo is lowered slightly?

2. The new Sirroco alloys

http://www.alloywheelspin.co.uk/index.asp?function=PRODUCTIMAGEWINDOW&closedelay=20000&SRC=http://www.alloywheelspin.co.uk/ekmps/shops/unrealwheels/images/18-alloy-wheels-new-scirocco-style-281-p.jpg

OR

The Wolfrace Lugano

http://www.ukservicing.co.uk/images/lugano.jpg

Big thanks in advance this is a hard decision and all help is realy apreciated.

dont go bigger than 17's mate as it will ruin the whole car, and sorry but neither of those alloys do it for me.

but hey what do i know about alloys :lol:

Speaking from experience of having 18s (RS4 reps) I wouldn't recommend it. I don't how much yours weigh that you want, but mine felt pretty heavy and coupled with having to run a 215/35 sidewall meant they were crashy as hell and tramlined all over the place. Sometimes I wondered who was steering the car. The suspension also had to be slammed otherwise the ride height looks dumb but again affected the handling. This not only means that your interior will shake rattle and roll but you'll go thru bushes and top mounts like they're going out of fashion.

They also take a bit of getting used to visually as they seem pretty huge at first but I came round to them in the end.

pics for an idea of fit.

rado.jpg

PC230004.jpg

They do look good ta, but i love the handeling of my car, also its a hard ride as it is its on h&r springs and koni adjustables, need to adjust them realy lol. Ta for the advice, I know the wolfracing alloys are considerd cheap and chavy but i realy like that turbine look and those do it for me, why couldnd bbs have gone a bit of the rails and made them lol.

but i realy like that turbine look and those do it for me, why couldnd bbs have gone a bit of the rails and made them lol.

because BBS have taste.

Thats a bit harsh just because you dont like them dosent mean theyre, well pants I more than likely dont like all the cloths in youre wardrobe, doesnt mean you or the designers of your cloths or alloys or what ever it may be dont have taste, it means that you like something different, if everyone kept cars to a specific taste well they would be boring. I just want something a bit different, dont get me wrong I love the oem look most bbs's give raddos and want to keep my raddo pretty oem but also want it to be a little different.

Why not just paint your wheels black then ?....................... :wave:

Or orange.............. :eek:

nooo, I like the the turbine look, and think the corrado can proberly pull them off v well.

dont go bigger than 17's mate as it will ruin the whole car, and sorry but neither of those alloys do it for me.

Spot on that :grin:

Im with you there, i still like the oe speedy's think they suit the car well..........

Im with you there, i still like the oe speedy's think they suit the car well..........

yep the speedlines do suit the car well, im thinking about refurbing my old ones and putting them back on!