TheWizardofOdds

Mark 4 brake set up

My mechanic is fitting my Golf mark 4 front brake discs 288mm, carriers and callipers to my vr6 with some problems. He's saying the discs arent fitting over the hub, anyone help in this matter please , I thought it would be reasonably straightforward?

thats correct, its the late mk3 golf discs you need. i was given the mk4 ones by mistake and ran into the same problem! no spacers required or anything like that with the 288 just mk3 discs,pads,carriers and calipers

Thanks. So could you tell me definitively, I'm fighting for my cars life with the missus at the mo'!, What do I need exactly?

I have the callipers carriers and discs from golf mk4. Discs no good. I need front discs from mk 3 late, what years? What else do I need? spacers, hoses? I'm clueless as you can tell. Need help on this guys.

All I wanted was a straight forward upgrade to 288mm. Failed the MOT today to boot. :help:

late mk3 vr6 discs from yrs 95-98

you'll also need the hoses to fit the calipers as they're different from standard corrado calipers. either from goodridge if you want braided, or i guess from dealers/gsf if you dont mind about that

So I can use mk 4 callipers, hoses, carriers and mark 3 discs and that will be ok then? isnt there a size difference with mk 3 callipers and mark 4? Id hate to fcuk this up even more.

No difference in caliper at all, exactly the same part, it's even the same caliper VW use for their 312mm set-up except that one has different carriers.

What you've got is fine just get the discs and hoses