Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

gearbox options?

2nd gear on my G60 cruches when changing up or down!

just wondering what options i have? i could get it reconed but this then leaves me without the car for a short while and from what i can gather is quite pricey! i have a 1.8 16v which im breaking but i think the ratios will be to short? i see that the mk3 golf 16v box looks good but agin trying to get one might be a bit expensive. i have a mk3 golf gl tdi box no idea of code yet but would that make a difference?

would the tdi box be any good in my G60?

Cool cheers. A lot of it just looks a bunch of numbers! But getting a rough idea. Gonna check the code on the diesel box I got and go from there

right i have found the gear boxcode for this golf diesel its an ASD only thing i can same to find on the web is this which is taken from golf gti forum. i know it says passat 16v but its an ASD so that the same right?

from the list below could any tell me if this ASD box i have will be any good for my G, my code is CBA

5 Speed, hydro clutch

Code Vehicle 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Final 1

ASD Passat 16v 3.300 1.944 1.308 0.971 0.717 3.944

CBA Corrado G60 3.778 2.118 1.360 0.967 0.769 3.647

Cheers Si.

Go to page 10 on t,he link above, the ASD box is listed, it has very tall gearing 145mph in fourth ! And 192mph in fifth.

looks like it might do the job then. prob be better suited ratios for my car think i will get it shoved in.

cheers

I've just had mine sent away for a rebuild and it cost me £420. There are cheaper options like fitting another used box instead but at least this way I know it's right and can have confidence in it for the future.

Was think bout gettin it recond before puttin it in, but didn't won't to throw money at it and it be a load of poo. So getting it put in see what it's like then I will either get mine recond or get anthor diesel box and get that recond