OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

If mine come finished to that standard, I will be happy :D

The silver is lighter than portrayed in the picture, a lot lighter. It's the industry standard 'sparkle silver' you see on pretty much all OE rims. I'll probably discuss a flat silver option (smaller metallic flakes) with Compo nearer the time.

Although with the amount of dust my brake pads throw off, black might not be such a bad idea!

Black's quite a good one of these - my MO's are black. When you scuff them you can just use Halfords Satin Black spray paint to touch them up (this was Compomotives recommendation when I talked to them after scuffing mine :lol: ).

Satin black is easier [for them] to paint and get a good finish with, plus your cheap touch-up tip, it's win - win for black so far :D

I'm just undecided whether black rims would suit Ice Grey violet or not. I suspect not tbh.

wonder if they would do a silver anthracite for me? cant believe we only need 3 people now, so close :grin:

Satin black is easier [for them] to paint and get a good finish with, plus your cheap touch-up tip, it's win - win for black so far :D

I'm just undecided whether black rims would suit Ice Grey violet or not. I suspect not tbh.

I think black would look gash on your car tbh :nono:

That's decided then, silver it is! Cheers Rob :lol:

Well, after calling some of you ditherers, I am now declaring myself as one too!!

I've just done some financial shuffling (to avoid paying for the Racelogic on credit) and it's become apparent I don't have the required moolar for these tasty rims + 400 quid's worth of rubber on top :( It would be £1500+ back on plastic again and having just cleared it, I don't want to fall into that hard to get out of hole again.

I'm hoping that by the time this GB actually gets to the order placing stage, I will have the funds together and tack myself back onto the list.

I will of course continue to help with any technical queries in the meantime as I've been through the frustrating brake / spoke clearance thing a few times now :D

it's become apparent I don't have the required moolar for these tasty rims + 400 quid's worth of rubber on top :(

you dont need the rubber straight away do you Kev? just wait till what you've got wears out and then swap wheels then? or would you not be able to wait to put them on?! :)

i wouldnt be able to wait thats for sure... 600 quid kev, new set of wheels sitting there ready for next spring :D

and if you dont want them after all you can sell them on for more money! i would rather have these than TC at the min to obviously :D

I've just had a thought, if a few people were to want a colour between anthracite and that silver, would they be able to do that cheaper than they would otherwise?

would be worth asking. i dont mind paying extra to have the colour they show on their website, as long as they look like that in the flesh im a happy man :)

Yeah, I don't need tyres immediately, but realistically, we won't get the wheels till mid-late september, so finding tyre money, then £1000 for insurance the following month, then Christmas, then MOT etc... hmmm.... I'll be skint for the rest of the year!

I used to be a "Feck it, shove it on the VISA" man, but not any more! The missus would go ballistic if she knew I was even in this thread, let alone on the Ditherers list!!

My plan was to run the MOs Spring to Summer and the ProRace over Autumn and Winter with some cold weather tyres, but that's another £400-£500 there aswell :?

I'll remain a ditherer for now as I might be able to drum up the cash one way or another....

I've got another question now too :lol:

Would it cost any less than £130 per wheel if they were not painted, ie just cast then primered? (I'm asking as I am not after a standard silver/grey/black/white etc, and know someone who can powdercoat them in the exact colour I want, for rather cheap/free)

I enquired about the possibility of ET40 since there is over 7mm of caliper clearance on my setup and also confirmation of the exact weight as they quote it as being "from 9.4Kg".

And the answers are:

ET 35 is the maximum offset they offer on that wheel and at that ET, the weight is indeed 9.4Kg. It gets heavier the less the offset. 1.7Kg heavier than my ProRace1s!

Just an FYI :D

im sure they might do that, but doubt they would knock money off for it

I'll see what they say, I dont need an answer anytime soon, and infact could ask them myselves when I ring up with payment details.

Just thought I'd put it in the thread incase there was anyone else who might want to do a similar thing

i might have to go down the factory and choose what i want tbh :D

Not a bad idea actually... one of my mates works opposite the factory as well, be an excuse to go :lol:

i've put it on the VR6OC as, even though i appreciate that extra forums make a group buy more difficult, i dont get the feeling there will be 4 definites appearing in the time left before the deadline (which must be soon). Those guys are the next most likely candidates I would have thought.

Might be worth asking what discount they will give with say 5 orders.

was thinking the same actually because doubt we will get 10 at this rate, and getting a date sounds good