OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

I'm a bit dissapointed by the weight. My bathroom scales say 10.4 Kg, which from previous experience (Oettinger RE) ruins the handling on these cars (imo).

yeah, that seems odd, especially since James confirmed 9.4kg to gareth and ET35 should be the lightest offset compared to anything lower than that?

both sets of brembos were touching the edge of the wheel, so even 2/3mm would of bee n cutting it fine so et30 it was!!

shame they weigh that much :( but they look so damn good

I'm a bit dissapointed by the weight. My bathroom scales say 10.4 Kg, which from previous experience (Oettinger RE) ruins the handling on these cars (imo).

yeah, that seems odd, especially since James confirmed 9.4kg to gareth and ET35 should be the lightest offset compared to anything lower than that?

Agreed they advertise the lightest as 9.4kg which as you say would be the ET 35 wheels. I hope Kevs scales were out as the weight was an important factor in choosing the wheels. In fact they specifically refer to improved brake clearance and weight saving in the sales information (ectract on page 1 , lifted from their site).

I don't think they are wrong tbh because they show the right weight for the Pro Race 1s.

I'll speak to James about it tomorrow but not much can be done other than redesigning the wheel! I might have to live with weight as they look too good, lol!

I don't think they are wrong tbh because they show the right weight for the Pro Race 1s.

I'll speak to James about it tomorrow but not much can be done other than redesigning the wheel! I might have to live with weight as they look too good, lol!

Get him to remake them in magnesium or something :lol:

Mine arrived today. No problems at all with them, although I've not weighed them so not sure how heavy they are.

Here's some pictures:

photo1tq.jpg

photo2pc.jpg

photo4a.jpg

photo5cm.jpg

photo6ya.jpg

Nice one!

I like the steel inserts Comp use for the wheelbolts. Much more hard wearing than ally.

Yeah, I just need to get 60-degree taper bolts now... still got the radius ones on the C at the moment

mine are going to be with me tomorrow :clap:

will have them all sealed ready to go on for saturday, good times :D

They're definitely grey. My iphone isn't the best at taking pictures though.

I must admit... they are a lot lighter in the pictures than the flesh. That grey in the pictures would be ideal... it's almost like that "computer-generated silver" they have on the website :lol:

so when are you guys going to be running your new awesome wheels then :D

mine will be on saturday as you know :norty:

Mine were sent out today, can't stop looking at the pics on Graeme and Kevs cars :afro:

I haven't washed the car or trimmed the ride height, just wheeled it out of the garage after fitment.....

Things I'm not sure about:-

1) 215s look a little more balloony than I was expecting, although a worn 205/40 put alongside it only shows a 6mm difference in diameter :shrug: 205s will look a little leaner. Brilliant ride quality though :D Oh well, 205s next time then.

2) Black centre caps. I'm thinking colour coded ones might look better? Difficult to get right on the MO as the cap is so prominant what ever colour you paint it. Will look into the flat ones. Regular OE caps don't fit.

3) Ice grey strikes again. They just look, well, plain? :shrug: Not as much visual impact as I was hoping for. They do look better in the flesh though. Never mind!

On a more cheery note, the ride and handling are unaffected by the wheel weight, so a false alarm there. It drives really well. Planted, sure footed, smooth and comfy :D

After a few weighs of each, on a flatter floor, I get :-

ProRace 1 with 205/40 KU31 = 16.3Kg. MO with 215/40 KU31 = 19.3Kg, so not a MASSIVE increase in weight overall. Have yet to get another weight from Comp' for confirmation though.

Fitment notes:-

The rear caps may need trimming to fit. Mine did. See pic.

They put rather a lot of paint on the centre bore of the wheel, so that might need sanding off a bit. 2 of mine didn't go on the hubs first time.

I'm thinking a spot of lowering might improve matters but at the end of the day, it drives superbly, which was my biggest concern. Looks are secondary !

Kev, they look real well on yours buddy. I think doing the centre caps black might be a good call after seeing that last pic you posted