OSV

Compomotive MO 8x17 Classic 5-Spoke Ltd Edition

Mmmmmmm looking good Kev! 8)

Hmm yeah the 215's are a bit balloony but they look comfortable :lol: Hopefully they look ok on my Rotas with their more curvy design and don't look too obvious with the 205's on front!

Cheers guys! I'll take some more pics in the daylight after it's been cleaned and lowered a little at the back :D

MOs are great quality! Feel really robust. No wheel wobbles or other nasties, completely spot on 8)

Looking forward to seeing pics of everyone else's!

They dont look as agressive as I thought they would on the side on pic, very nice from the front though. Very Speedline esc though. Im not running the caps, havent run them on my other ones and I think it adds to the motorsport style look.

yeah Kev, they look great! and you're right, down a bit at the back and either coded or matching silver caps will set them off really well. and you can always paint them white one day if you're really missing that visual impact :)

Yeah I did wonder about white actually because the white Rotas I had before seemed to suit my paint really well!

The side shot was taken with an practically empty fuel tank, so I'll fill it up today and see if that improves the ride height :D

Well I walked into the garage this morning and my concerns from yesterday are gone, I absolutely love them! Favourite stance has to be a side on shot showing the deep recess of the wheel....classic MO! :salute:

Ben B, when I said about making the centre caps black, I meant they are already black and was thinking of making them silver instead?

we were under the impression the caps were coming chrome?

and the wheels looking good kev :D definately made the right choice bud!

i still need rear brakes though as these dont do that good job of hiding them :lol:

oh and after speaking to James yesterday he warned me off using acid cleaners etc like wonder wheels... there are plenty of good safe wheel cleaners out there though, but thought i would pass it on in case any of you lot use it

Whats wrong with a good dicht with a cloth, they will be easy as hell to clean. I got the chrome caps, if anyone wants mine let me know.

not sure what i want to do about caps either?

and mine will be well easy to clean as they will be wearing a high temp sealant designed for boats :lol:

LOL, you guys just look at the pictures and ignore the text :lol:

On page 25, I said.....

Very happy with the way they look. I've satin blacked the centre caps as chrome isn't my thing and also cut down the plastic wheelbolt covers to suit.

So yes, they do come in a Chrome finish :wink:

Didn't like it personally. Black has grown on me though, so might just leave them as they are.

LOL, you guys just look at the pictures and ignore the text :lol:

they are hard not to look at though :lol:

i have no idea what im doing with mine but no way am i having the chrome ones they send out, just a black flat cap in the middle will do me, might see if my mate can whip me one up at his factory

You can't use a flat cap on the rear wheels. The bearing cover pokes out way too far.

I personally don't like the capless look and as it's a daily, I need to keep the wintery salt off the hubs.

Could maybe cut the standard caps down till just before they interfere with the dust caps then look at bonding something on that matches the OD of the hole left? You can then get stickers made up to that size with VW or whatever you want. In fact I'll give it a go with mine.

o really ;)

well thats what James said, but he is a top bloke so wouldnt be suprised if he let corrado owners have discount for the next year :lol:

Yeh James sounds like a top bloke. I'm currently in the work car park with a ruler trying to see if an offset of 35 will clear :D

He said he will look favourably on anyune mentioning the Corrado group buy and offer some discount but it would not match the group buy price after 03/09/10

Don't think there's much you can do with the rear caps tbh. With the wheel mounted, the whole bearing cap is exposed, so the flattest cap possible will still be 1.75" or so proud.

I think with the MOs, it's just a case of finding the best colour to paint them :D

Ben B, when I said about making the centre caps black, I meant they are already black and was thinking of making them silver instead?

Oh, thought they were silver and that in the picture you just didn't have any on there.

oh and after speaking to James yesterday he warned me off using acid cleaners etc like wonder wheels... there are plenty of good safe wheel cleaners out there though, but thought i would pass it on in case any of you lot use it

Lots of wheel wax, a good few layers before they go on the car, then regularly rinse the wheels (at least once a week) and then once a month or more wash them with weak washing-up liquid solution, then re-wax them.

Don't think there's much you can do with the rear caps tbh. With the wheel mounted, the whole bearing cap is exposed, so the flattest cap possible will still be 1.75" or so proud.

I think with the MOs, it's just a case of finding the best colour to paint them :D

Me and other ben might be better off as ours are ET30, so there'll be 5mm less of the poking