Sign in to follow this  
OllieVR6

A couple of glove box questions

Here are some pictures of my glove box. As I am currently on a mission to get the interior 'sorted' I want to start with this, as it bugs me.

First of all it looks like it sticks out too far - could anyone tell me if you think the same, and how I could fix it?

Secondly, you will see I only have one screw holding it in - is it the correct screw? Is there a cover that is supposed to go over the screws? I wanted to look on ETKA but the one I used to use doesn't work anymore.

If you click for the larger pictures....BEWARE, they are large (not phone/slow connection friendly).

Thanks in advance.

Corrado92.pdfIMAG0006.jpg[/attachment:1gfs5ulp]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMAG0011.jpg[/attachment:1gfs5ulp]

IMAG0012.jpg[/attachment:1gfs5ulp]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfIMAG0009.jpg[/attachment:1gfs5ulp]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMAG0010.jpg[/attachment:1gfs5ulp]

its the correct one although there should be more . beprepared for a battle to get it in an out ,they can be a pain in the arse! and yea it should fit snugg

take the lower dash panel off, then you need to push the outside bottom of the glovebox up as you force it out.

there is a small raised box section that needs to get over the frame of the dash to take it out - plenty of brute force shifts it.

you are missing the front cover plate for the screws - and it just so happens that i have a complete glove box in my for sale thread below.

mitch

There should be a cover that goes over the bottom screws ! Its the full width of the glovebox.

Two screws go in at the top of the glovebox,they go in at an angle,Have you tried adjusting the lock "keep" ?

its got a slot in it for adjustment :D