Sign in to follow this  
A5 VRX

Koni coilovers fitted but so bouncy?

Finally finished up fitting the coilovers and sorting the ride height but they are SO bouncy. I haven't lowered the car an awful lot, there is a '2 finger gap' between arches and tyres, is this too low? Just as i thought i was getting somewhere with the car, thought the ride might be hard but never bouncy. I fitted new top mounts and bearings while i was at it.

Peoples thoughts?

AJ

i have had koni coilovers and they were not bouncy at all, if anything they were very firm.

Wish they were firm, god knows why. Just trying to run through what could be causing it, there not cheapo crap as i would expect it with them,

AJ

did you check the shocks were ok before re-assembling them? Can you not adjust the rebound? It 'may' mean that the seals may have worn, but you can get these rebuilt i'm sure.

They were in very good condition with no leaks, dont know to be honest if they are rebound adj??

AJ

Koni coilovers are damping adjustable but it doesnt sound like they're doing much at all. As Karl said they're pretty firm so even at fully soft setting they should still hold the car - something sounds pretty wrong.

So nothing to do with the ride height then? If i was to try and firm them up i would turn them clockwise?

I also put the springs on wide end to the top, narrow to the bottom, this is right yeah?

Thanks

So nothing to do with the ride height then? If i was to try and firm them up i would turn them clockwise?

I also put the springs on wide end to the top, narrow to the bottom, this is right yeah?

Thanks

Got any pics?

Not to hand, fitted a good few kits in my time though but this is the first one i have had to 'build' up as they wre stripped when i picked them up. Will take some pics of them tomorrow when i whip them off

AJ

All it turned out to be was the damping was all over the show, now sorted and i'm one happy person now, off for laser alignment this afternoon

AJ