Sign in to follow this  
Blondie1

Over revving, cutting out

Been having running problems with my 2ltr 16v for a few weeks. It started off the car was running lumpy and at junctions almost cutting out. I changed the ISV, ran ok for a few days but started playing up again. Now though, the car starts to over rev while Im driving, and can idle at around 1500-2k. So sometimes it runs fine, sometimes its spluttery and goes to cut out, and sometimes it over revs. Tried another throttle body on it, didnt help at all. Im baffled... any ideas? :(

is it a g60 or a vr6?

do you have it chiptunet? and what about, cams orginal? is the timing okay? any wires cut or broken? what about negativ cable on the gearbox or the body?

hmm. is´nt that with the old type of fueling system.? a mechanical system? have you checked fuel pressure or if it leaks a little?

a high idle to me indicates too much air geting into the system at idle.

I'd be checking for vacuum leaks,make sure all of the air lines into the throttle body and intake manifold are on tight and have no cuts or tears in them.

hth

As above- check all the hoses etc very thoroughly. My first 16v did this and it turned out to be a tiny split under one of the ISV hoses. Two garages couldn't solve it.