Sign in to follow this  
Corrado_Addict

Bye Bye G60

Its something that I thought I was going to feel guilty of when I started stripping the car and taking bits off it. Up until the point when the big truck arrived to take away what was basically just a shell of its former glory, never judge a book by its cover is the lesson I learnt. But I honestly felt happy and so relieved when it was hoisted into the air and whacked onto the back. I felt relieved but today has been a bit of a different story. Not at one point did I feel guilty removing bit by bit, part by part. I genuinely hated this car....but today I felt guilty and still do. Its still a corrado and although it was an utter pig of a machine, covered in rust, handled so badly and would step out on you violently without fail EVERYTIME you chucked it into a corner it was still an adventure, a nightmare from pretty much start too finish the whole ownership experience of this particular corrado was a nightmare.

I still feel that I genuinely hate the car but it still leaves a bit of a strange feeling of guilt and well sadness really knowing that its off to the highway in the sky. Its funny that even quite possibly the worst corrado money could buy leaves me feeling like this, although on the other side of things it reminds me why I love these car's so much. Its a love hate thing maybe at this moment with more hate than love but the pendulum swings both ways and even driving along at 30 the car was enjoyable, the experience of just being in a car that you genuinely love but it leaves me with a feeling of knowing that I will be cautious with the next corrado I buy and I know for a fact I will end up buying another one because really at the end of the day we can all look to modern car's to try and replace the hole that a corrado can leave but to be honest, nothing can replace the corrado and on that note nothing ever will :)

Before -

IMG_9725-1.jpg

IMG_9732-1.jpg

IMG_9733-1.jpg

IMG_9734-1.jpg

IMG_9743-1.jpg

IMG_9753-1.jpg

IMG_9774-1.jpg

After -

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Gutted that you left the rear beam and front subframe on, I'd have had those, as would a lot of other people I'm sure!! Never mind...it obviously wasn't a good experience for you but hopefully the next one will be better.

To be honest bud the bits I left on were with good reason, the rear felt very instable at high speeds, as mentioned when you cornered hard i.e chucking it into a corner or even a fast sweeping bend the rear would step out on you violently or start too slide out, the whole car handled like an utter pig. So many faults and I'm glad to say my guilty feeling is gone now :lol:

But yea learnt my lesson with that one well and truly.