Sign in to follow this  
Ben-B

Best spark plugs & leads for VR6??

Will be looking to service my VR fairly soon... so thought now might be the time to put in some decent spark plugs and leads etc

Are there any favoured spark plugs and leads for improving performance on a VR6?

I've had a quick look on a few sites and found various leads, but was wondering which Corrado VR6 owners think is the best? What difference does the size make (ie between 7mm, 8mm and 8.5mm)?

The standard spark plugs at VW (or GSF/Halfords etc etc) are more than fine. Also, for HT leads I would normally go for VW, but they were well over €100 last time I checked. I run DubPower HT leads now and they seem well made and suit the car just fine.

ive got a set of magnacore leads on mine and they seem fine to me, but make sure you buy the tool to take the leads ut otherwise you will damage the leads or do what i did and snap the end of pulling them of, there a guy in the suppliers thing on here who sellls them worth the money all day long

as for plugs ive got a set of bosch platinum r spark plugs and they seem good to

I'm using the Dub Power leads as supplied by DG Autotech - usually a good recommendation. They seem fine to me but I don't really have much frame of reference to be honest. It's the sort of part I expect to "just work properly". :eek:

^^^ totally agree tbh i dont think theres a vast difference between them, one thing i will say whn i got my magnos last time i got the dealer to get me some in, they got um i went to pick them up and the quality was just poor so i decided to try magnorecore ones, have to admit it was a tossup between them and the dub power ones do seem realy good also

as for the thickness i think the thicker supposedlly the better they spark haha and the there more insulated from heat but i dont really know for sure