Sign in to follow this  
krnau

would another power window system with another glass fit...

...in the door, next to the existing one? I mean, could 2 glasses be placed in the door with two lifting mechanisms, one for each glass?

p.d. not a corrado oem one as it's huge, but maybe another car's...

why??

having two glasses will allow having one of them black tinted and being able to roll it down when police is near :lol:

I've had fronts tinted for 2 years and I had to remove the tints as I was pulled over just too many times :? and the last time they said they'd keep an eye on me :norty: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's all well and good if you could pull it off, but what about the other windows?

Are you just gonna leave them normal and have just the electric windows black tinted or do all of them and get caught for them anyway?

Doesn't make any sense what you're trying to achieve imho

That's all well and good if you could pull it off, but what about the other windows?

the rear windows can be much darker than the front ones..

I dont see how this could possibly fit into the window channels in the doors though. it sounds extremely far fetched when you could just accept that its not allowed and get them tinted as far as is legal instead.

Electrochromic glass is what you need - will change colour when you pass a low voltage current through it - may prove expensive though :wink:

I would like to have two scrollable glasses in each door (only for fronts). I don't know in UK, but in Spain it's illegal to get fronts tinted so I would like to get one tinted glass and one non-tinted do incase I see police, then I'll lower the tinted glass and leave the non-tinted up :D

The problem comes when it rains, that I can't roll the windows down in front of the police :grin:

Just wear really dark sunglasses and you will think u have tinted windows :)

:lol: :lol:

btw I'm tinting fronts today anyway, but I'd like to do the two roller mechanisms as well so any thoughts / ideas are wellcome :)

i had this prob with my first rado, i got pulled over and taken to a ministry of transport testing station which had been set up for the night. they tested the front windows in three different places and they were "illegal" so the car was impounded and i had to take the tints of with my fingernails, which was a right ball ache!

anything behind the drivers seat can be as dark as you want, you could paint them black if you wished! but the fronts have to let 74% light through (i think its 74 may be a little less)

if you get the backs dark then the fronts legal i dont think you would notice until you were looking at it from the side square on. any other angle and i dont think you would tell cause you would see the backs through the front making them appear darker.

why you would want to go to the effort of trying to put two regs in and two pieces of glass i dont know.

how about some tinted perspex cut the same shape as the fronts them some smalls bits of velcro so you could whip it off when the fuzz come by?

Si