Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

new g60 new problems

well it begins

car started fine as it does every morining so i drove to the shops,parked up did my shopping an came back to the car an it wouldnt start,not even start to turn over.soo being technically minded i unplugged the battery fiddled about with some wires i could see,went back an the car started?

anyway same thing happened today,but now my heaters arent working an neither is the sunroof or fog lights,ive checked fuses an they are all fine?

oh an on top of that when the fan kicks in it sounds like a screw charger lol

it feels good to be back :lol:

Mine does a similar thing from time to time. The car is running fine then i stop it to get fuel etc. get back in and nothing. Turn the key to the run position and the fuel pumps prime, ignition lights are on, but nothing when the key is turned to the starter position. All wireing has been checked and is ok, starter is ok as is its solenoid. If i turn the key a few times or sometimes wait a while at some point it will start up as if nothing happened. Im thinking on mine that it could be the iginition switch. Probably only happens 1 out of 100 journeys.

Do the ignition lights come on?

If they do a few things you could check would be ignition switch, relays, the cable and its connector that go to the starters solenoid (thick red/black on my G60), the solenoid itself (run a wire with +12v from the battery to the solenoid +12v terminal and the starter should turn over, also check that the large +12v and the earth cables from the battery to the starter motor are connected tight and that there is no corrosion on the terminals.

Do you have an immobiliser? could be faulty.

Use a multimeter to test the various things.

yeah all lights come on,i thought switch as it went on my last one,but its never failed to start first thing in the mornin upto now

just after running?

also i bump started it the other day,so surely that should rule out immobiliser issues?an now why have my sunroof,heaters an fog lights stopped working :scratch:

Load relief (or X relief) relay gives problems like this. Cuts power to certain key areas during cranking, and then fails to reconnect them afterwards.

well i dropped the fuse box down,made sure everything is plugged in,an now i have power to all that had lost power,although the starting issue is still there?

when i jiggle the wires in the bay i can get the car to start,maybe a loose wire to the starter motor?

also ive just found im running on one horn lol,so will be lookin for set of horns as the one thats runnin looks like its off barbie car or summat lol

Ignition switch still sounds like a possible candidate. When you turn the key in the ignition next time and it doesn't start, try wiggling the key slightly whilst in the fully turned position.. might work, might not. Worth swapping it anyway as they don't cost a bunch and ultimately all pack up!

yeah tried the wiggly thing,i had to change it on my last g60,tbh this switch feels quite good,guess it wont hurt to check all wires to the starter first,then look at the switch,apart from that bein back in the fold is fun lol

new problem ,car is now holding back alot above 3k?

the exhaust is popping a hell of alot,sounds quite good but maybes linked with the loss of power ?