Sign in to follow this  
dr_mat

Corrado grins

Don't drive the Corrado much these days, but every time I get chance to take it out on a reasonably open country road.. The smile spreads, the speed picks up, the revs climb, the car just once again feels "right"..

I'm hooked, I admit it. Third gear gets me every time ...

Yup, I'm driving a 10 plate Octavia at the moment while mine is being repaired, it's great to drive and very comfortable but it just completely lacks the fantastic handling and driver feedback of the Corrado - should be getting it back this week and can't wait!

yup! i loves it. Third gear is a treat, but 4th gear gave me a 'hmmm, this car is completely awesome' moment. Was on single lane, and soon to merge into two lane motorway. Thought I'd drop her down to 4th and run it up slowly through the rev range. Normally I'd switch up to 5th round 4,500rpm, but decided to let her run on...got to about 110mph and thought 'crikey, listen to that! now we're talk'n'!

Truely a special car.

exactly the same here... drive round in a derv Bora daily which is comfy blah blah blah. but the rado is soooo much fun!! :D

Think it said it all that, after a weekend with a Scirocco R (specced out to cost over 30k) I clambered back into the VR6 expecting a disappointing experience, but it still put a huge smile on my face once it was warmed up and I gave it a bootful :) Sure, it wasn't anywhere near as quick or comfortable - but for sheer smiles per gallon, it was well up there.

More economical than a Scirocco R on a run as well (never bested 32MPG even on a long steady drive in the R, whereas my VR does 35MPG+)

thats interesting news on the MPG Jim. Im surprised that the R wont return better figures when pottering :?