Sign in to follow this  
devilmatt

G60 Water pump part numbers?

Sorry if this is already somewhere on the forum, but I cant find it and need to put an order in for one before I go away for work tomorrow.

I have a 1992 G60 which has been emitting some horrible noises from the engine bay recently. I think I have traced it to the water pump so am looking to order a new one. I can't see a part number on it when it's fitted and can't take it off until next week.

Does anybody know the part numbers for the g60 water pump, gasket and belt?

I am looking at a pump on Euro Car Parts website which is PN 201440115

Any help with this would be grand.

Cheers.

Hi mate, I don't know the VW part no but the one you mention on euro car parts is the one you need. It sounds a bit dear to me tho. I'm sure I paid about £20-£25. You will be able to pick one up from a good local motor factors. They're not as hard to get hold of as you might think. I got offered a full pump or a cheaper part which is actually half the pump (the bit that gets knackered). I'd go for the full pump as its alot easier to fit, it just bolts to the block (you don't need a gasket). The cheaper option involves splitting the pump and fitting the new half which is a lot of messing about for the sake of a few quid. Easiest way to do it is to remove drivers side headlight and remove charger then it's right in front of you. Hope this helps.

according to my "volkswagen parts club application guide Effective 12 feb 2007"

water pump - 037 121 010 bx - apparantly there all the same apart from the VR6

V-belt - 038 903 137 j

power steering belt - 037 145 271

not sure which one it runs off guessin the v-belt

only got part numbers for rocker cover and cyclinder head sorry.

Si.

Excellent. Very useful info, thanks. Figured as I need it on my doorstep when I get home from work next week, its probably worth an extra £5-10. I agree with you (Grimmy) about it not really being worth just replacing the internals. The whole component looks rusted and crappy anyway.

Got the pump on order from ECP, and will contact local auto factors for belt and gasket. Will be easier with a part number to start with.

Thanks for your help and thank god for google. :notworthy: