Sign in to follow this  
SIMONG

wind deflecters - where from?

decided i want some wind deflecters for the G. had a quick look on ebay and seen a few people selling them but just wondered if any one has any recomedations where to get some from.

Si.

I got mine from an ebay shop, some bloke selling Heko ones from his UK based store - good quality I loves em. Only thing is the little bit of tape they're supplied with wears off after a while and they gradually start sliding down, I re-applied with some pressure tape and had no problems!! The fit of the deflector is very snug and well manufactured IMO! :D

PS. Sorry I don't have a link lol, they were about £35 delivered IIRC

I think Andy (Cazza VR) has these on his VR and also on his previous 16V and he swears by them - Think he got them off E Bay.

Ian.

Yep, I've go the same Heku ones as Chris. They're great- take about 10 seconds to fit into the channel/under the rubber. The ebay seller gets them to you next day too 8)

cheers for that guys!

was lookin at the ones in the link orginally, but cause they were the cheapest i wasnt sure about them.

also my mate at work has just got some for his rs turbo from heko (might of spelt that wrong) and recons that are a crap fit.

i guess they just fit up into the window channel?

also my mate at work has just got some for his rs turbo from heko (might of spelt that wrong) and recons that are a crap fit.

My Heko ones fit like a dream :D And yes they fit up in the window channel, but the end towards the rear of the window needs to be stuck in, u'll see what I mean

i guess they just fit up into the window channel?

My Heko ones fit like a dream :D

Mine fit great also :norty:

iv had to re tape mine but no biggy mine are the heko ones v dubstar recomended to me great fit and still look gread no scratches or marks and im sure i paid about 28 quids for mine

still havent got round to buying them, but gonna need them soon as the weather looks like its getting worse.

how much do the fit into the window channel? i can be really anal some times and worry about stuff too much :shrug: . like the window sitting lower and making it easier to ram something into the channel to get the window down or some scrout coming along and ragging them off!

still havent got round to buying them, but gonna need them soon as the weather looks like its getting worse.

how much do the fit into the window channel? i can be really anal some times and worry about stuff too much :shrug: . like the window sitting lower and making it easier to ram something into the channel to get the window down or some scrout coming along and ragging them off!

Mine fit really easily, well, you have to flex the deflector slightly to fit it into the window area but the plastic holds out well. the window wont sit any lower as the deflector doesn't actually sit on top of the window, as the window closes it sits snugly against the window and the rubber in the frame (however it is thick enough not to fall out when its in). When the window is closed there's no way of them coming out/off due to the above snug fit :grin:

ok cool sounds good. i thought the window would of butted up to the bottom of the deflecter its good to know they sit side by side. cheers for the info. just need to get round to buying some now.

as winter draws closer thought id best order some of these to help towards not steaming up. so with these on and heater motor fixed im good to go.

know what you mean about having to re-stick them though only had them on 2 days and they started to rattle and needed shoving up again.

i've recently fitted mine and they do fit nicely. However noticed now, after about 4 weeks of fitted, the drivers has come away from the frame just where the wing mirror is. Only happens with the window is open. Im going to get some double sided tape and put a small square on that end of the deflector.