mark16v

stupid question??

this is probably a stupid question, but how the hell do you turn the rear wiper off? getting really annoyed with wanting to clear the mist off the rear screen in the morning and then having to listen to that dirty noise of the wiper squeeking its way across the then dry glass, makes my hair stand on end!

Push the stalk back the same way in which you'd turn the rear wiper on...annoyed me loads before i figured that one out too :lol:

I only just figured it out the other day too. It only stops on my VR if I push it back, then pull forward. Or am I being special?

so basically just start yanking the handle in all directions whilst screaming like a madman tends to work yeah? ill try that later with my windows down at some traffic lights lol

push it away from you once to wipe, it will wipe, then push it again, it will wipe once more then stop.

when i first got corrado i drove all the way to work with the rear wiper on :lol: sent me mad

you lot'll be learning how to adjust your seats and reset the MFA next :lol:

BTW, are you all aware that 1992 on cars have a programmable delay front intermittent wipe... thought that might exite you :wave:

you lot'll be learning how to adjust your seats and reset the MFA next :lol:

BTW, are you all aware that 1992 on cars have a programmable delay front intermittent wipe... thought that might exite you :wave:

Even older ones if you stick in a 99 relay! Available from any scrapyard.

the seats.....are......ajustable???? please tell how, im fed up with driving around with bits of wood tied to the bottom of my shoes like that taxi driver kid in indiana jones!

My front intermittent wipe doesn't work! Believe me, I even read the instruction manual! Twice! :lol: :epicfail: :shrug: :bad-words: :(

Switch on the intermittent wipe, let it have a couple of wipes then switch it off for the delay required and switch it back on again. Hey presto, they'll wipe with the delay you left them off for.

Switch on the intermittent wipe, let it have a couple of wipes then switch it off for the delay required and switch it back on again. Hey presto, they'll wipe with the delay you left them off for.

OOOOooooohhhhhh! That explains a HUGE amount! Wondered why my intermittent wipers never made sense! I thought they had two settings I hadn't figured out or something... :oops: Oh well, I've only had her four and a half years!! :lol:

Even older ones if you stick in a 99 relay! Available from any scrapyard.

Hey Wullie,

Does this mean if i replace my current relay with a 99 i'll be able to do this??

(position 8 on the internal relay board?)

Edited by Alex_G60_Fanatic

Hey Wullie,

Does this mean if i replace my current relay with a 99 i'll be able to do this??

(position 8 on the internal relay board?)

Yup, replaces the 19 relay. If you're near a scrappie they tend to fall into pockets:shrug:. Don't know how much they are new though.

If you're near a scrappie they tend to fall into pockets:shrug:

Do they now! lol

I ask because I managed to get one of a mate for giving him a hand with fixing his Golf. I'll swap them over tonight and take them for a wiper spin! :D