Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

How does the FPR work ?

Anyone know how the VR6 FPR works - and can anyone confirm that the "filter" part is supposed to "travel" on the "rod" part of the FPR - the one I replaced the filter part seem to stay stuck hanging onto the main "lump" of the FPR.

IF that sentence made any sense....lol.......

a good guide!, thnx.

btw - any idea is that "filter-ring" is supposed to be loose on the "rod" or supposed to sit in one position ?

the thingy with the "black" ring:

Filter ring (o ring seal) need to stay in place on the rod, these newer style of FPR are a very neat compact design and both fuel into the rail (the large filter element area) and fuel return 'rod' need to be sealed from the outside and each other.

If you are struggling to fit the FPR then try lubing the o ring seals with some brake fluid.

Filter ring (o ring seal) need to stay in place on the rod, these newer style of FPR are a very neat compact design and both fuel into the rail (the large filter element area) and fuel return 'rod' need to be sealed from the outside and each other.

If you are struggling to fit the FPR then try lubing the o ring seals with some brake fluid.

no trouble fitting it - but the spare one I had the filter ring is able to move along the "rod" part, where the one I took out the filter seem to be stuck in one place - was just wondering what was "right" - also could a bad vacuum hose on the FPR cause it to operate wrongly at startup maybe?.

no trouble fitting it - but the spare one I had the filter ring is able to move along the "rod" part, where the one I took out the filter seem to be stuck in one place - was just wondering what was "right" - also could a bad vacuum hose on the FPR cause it to operate wrongly at startup maybe?.

No the filter element should be fairly well stuck be as it sits on a lip in the fuel rail it will hold it in place ok and it is 'just' a filter element.

As for the start-up problem, no it won't be the FPR vacuum hose as that would cause poor running regardless of cold or hot.