diarmaid16

Crossing the Pond

Well all,

Im leaving Ireland in October to live in Glasgow. I sold my 16v a year ago and I've missed it badly ever since. I hope to buy one when I move over if money allows!

I was just wondering what kind of tax I would be paying on a 2.0 litre and who would be the best company to try to get insured with?

Also if anyone knows of any work going at any engineering companies around Glasgow. I'm a graduate mechanical engineer and my head is done in dealing with recruitment agencies!

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm sure the tax on my 16v was the same as the VR so you may as well buy one of those.

Start the insurance nightmare once you have a postcode, i couldn't get quotes without one when i moved to a new area.

Cost of tax for a year will be £205 for 12 months.

Insurance is too hard to guess. Depends on age, experience, NCB etc. Best bet is to try the search engines, but not all the companies are listed on them, so ring around for more quotes. Check out the insurance section of the forum for affiliated insurers that do discounts for corrado members.

Personally I've found admiral to be very good

Personally I've found admiral to be very good

2nd that! Helped me out a bit coz they only ask for the previous 3yrs of accidents, and I had a couple with my mk3 previous :lol:

If u wanna pay monthly though, they'll sting ya!!

€500?!

I wish I could say the same mate. How does €1,100 grab ya?!

Your dead right to get out've here. This cunt.ry is a disgrace for motorist's. Thick of the car you'll have in a year if all goes well over there. Plus you can bring them home VRT free if you have a 'legit' address in the UK. win win!

best'a luck mate..

Cheers lad. It can't be any worse than here anyway. My contract at work is up at the end of September so I might as well head. I'm engaged to a girl over there so I had to go at some stage! Just hope I can get a decent job

Well, really landed on my feet over here. Was out of work for two weeks but managed to get a job that I really enjoy in Dumfries. Never even heard of the place!

Anyway, will hopefully have another C under me soon!

Cheers Jim.

Have been looking at a G60 that needs engine work but trying to sell a car at the moment. Plus I'm not that knowledgeable on them.

Good luck with selling the car. Looks like its been well cared for.

fair play mate - happy for you.

Now get that car situation sorted!! Personally, I'd throw your net open and check out other makes/models.

Audi S2? or S3 maybe.

Keep us up to date though

Laters

Well I bought a cheap 2 litre 16v as a project without having a proper look at it. It turned out to need a lot more work than I thought and ended up breaking it.

Getting married next week but have arranged to look at a white vr6 after the honeymoon so we'll see what happens!

I'm worried about running one as a daily but life's too short I suppose!

I need to be in a corrado badly.