Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

insurance renewal from hic

just had a renewal quote for the g60 an its come through at £794 ??

thats more than my last g60 which had an agreed policy an all mods declared?its also more than the TT i had insured with hic which as you know was fairly modded an wasnt shy on teh power lol

but £794 for a standard g60 is just plain wrong

Moving to the insurance forum..

Yeah - prices are up across the board and we're all taking a reaming. The insurers had a hard year from the hard winter, and rather than passing on the cost to the people who claimed, we're all getting the shaft instead. And they wonder why we all hate insurers ;)

Have you tried our scheme?

Yep i did, £3K+ for a 23yr old, 3yrs n claims on a slightly modded 1.8 16V. Not for me thanks.

Im paying £700 at the moment, been getting quotes for renewal at £1600. Not suprising some people cant get insurance and drive without. im temped myself.

My policy that i have been really happy with went up, i was with HIC, tried Chris Knott and they were no better and also didn't do multicar policy.

ended up with Admiral and got a really good price for both cars, saved me easily over £100

yeah deffo a time to shop around me thinks,im sure hic will come in with a cheaper quote when i give them a ring,they've always been cheapest upto now

spoke to my mate last night,he's 22yrs old an got a 270bhp TT insured all mods declared unlimited mods for 610quid a yearwith elephant?

anyone else used elephant?

was on elephant when the car was standard but they went right up after the engine mods so i binned them off then. may have improved now though?

i find admiral cheapest but i have been with tesco for years, think they are basically direct line and they have been great when i have been hit (and injured :wink:)