Sign in to follow this  
wallpaper_01

American Muscle Cars

You guys wanna see the workshop where I work on my car! 8) Full of 900-1000bhp drag prepared American muscle cars :luvlove:

Me and Kev drool every time we go there :lol:

EVO magazine did say that the 2011 Mustang is a big improvement on the old one, but faster, better handling, etc, than a new M3, don't believe a word of it.

Feel free to watch the video I posted on the previous page. Trust me, I was as sceptical as you before I watched the clip. I'm still cynical and suspect the M3 would paste the Mustang in other scenario's.. but the proof that it's as as good as the M3 on a track and in a sprint is right there.

Strangely they do nowt for me. Im really not a fan of lazy revving V8's in fact V8's are quite far down my engine list. Prefer 6, 10, 12 cyl first & then 8's over the 4's.

??!!!!! what?? 8 lazy????

the astons v8 screams absolutly screams and sounds awesome.... id love it....v8 sound so much more meaty than the 6 etc just purrrrrfect

That is nice /\ :salute:

Yeah that's what I meant, we don't have a wholely British owned and funded car company any more. Apart from the niche market oddities like Bristol and Aerial perhaps.

Absolutely we still lead the world in Automotive innovation and motorsports :notworthy: But didn't want to get into that in this thread :D

Them there US folks are mighty handy with the spanners themselves and surely spawned the whole modifications genre?

Yep agree with you entirely, they started the whole thing with Hot Rods straight after WW2 and some of the creations that have come out of America by individuals or small companies are mind blowing.

EVO magazine did say that the 2011 Mustang is a big improvement on the old one, but faster, better handling, etc, than a new M3, don't believe a word of it.

Feel free to watch the video I posted on the previous page. Trust me, I was as sceptical as you before I watched the clip. I'm still cynical and suspect the M3 would paste the Mustang in other scenario's.. but the proof that it's as as good as the M3 on a track and in a sprint is right there.

Yeah I did watch the video, and this is nothing against you, but to me, that doesn't prove anything. They never run the cars side by side, it's having to take their word for it, which I don't. I guarantee every over magazine or show around the world will come up with a different result, the BMW is faster. It may very well keep up in a straight line, that's not that difficult, but if both those cars were pushed to the limit around a track, the BMW would leave it for dead.

Its well known in the US that for bike magazines they very rarely say if anything is not any good, not sure if the motoring press over there is the same. Im not blinkered enough to think there wouldlnt be a lot in it, M3 just edging it. Would that M3 be set up for the American market as well i.e. slight suspension / geometery difference from the European market.

Having driven a lot of american cars through work they have god awful interiors, thats where the money is saved IMO.

I prefer the 'lazy' big capacity cross plane V8s. The creamy smooth wall of torque and the noise are archetypal 'V8' and intoxicating. It will be a real shame when they're gone for good.

All these modern flatplane V8s do absolutely nothing for me, but if you want revs, it's the way to go.

I would also think the M3 would have the edge over the 'stang, with equal driving talent. The overhauled American sports car market, geared to European palettes is very young, whereas BMW have had decades to hone the M3.