Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Rear beam bushes

Anbody tried the vibratechnics rear beam bushes on their corrado. like these: http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/parts/p ... asp?id=338

I know people favour the oem ones but thats what my car has now and i dont like how they feel. My last corrado had polybushes fitted and it felt so much more planted. Just wondered if anbody used the ones above and how they got on with them?

Not tried those specific ones but had polystyrene in the rear and agree they are much better as you found out on your last car. Much more stable, better cornering manners as in no more wobbly rear end.

Not tried those specific ones but had polystyrene in the rear ...

would this be a polystyrene rear bushing?

polystyrene-cup.jpg[/attachment:11gupycp]

seriously though, if you compare an old worn VW bushing with a new poly one you're bound to feel a massive difference, but a new genuine bushing pretensioned properly in the chassis mounting is really very good.

Anbody tried the vibratechnics rear beam bushes on their corrado. like these: http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/parts/p ... asp?id=338

I know people favour the oem ones but thats what my car has now and i dont like how they feel. My last corrado had polybushes fitted and it felt so much more planted. Just wondered if anbody used the ones above and how they got on with them?

That's what I'm putting on mine in the near future. They're not cheap though :shock:

I completely agree about the standard bushes, I don't like how they make the rear feel either.

People say that old tired ones are nothing like as tight and secure feeling as new ones, but I disagree to some extent. When I had mine replaced, I didn't feel the supposed benefits of new ones at all. It felt pretty much the same. It's only the completely collapased ones that will show any significany improvements. 90% of worn bushes are just old, not f'cked.

That's what I'm putting on mine in the near future. They're not cheap though :shock:

I completely agree about the standard bushes, I don't like how they make the rear feel either.

People say that old tired ones are nothing like as tight and secure feeling as new ones, but I disagree to some extent. When I had mine replaced, I didn't feel the supposed benefits of new ones at all. It felt pretty much the same. It's only the completely collapased ones that will show any significany improvements. 90% of worn bushes are just old, not f'cked.

I didn't feel a massive difference when getting my rear beam bushes replaced, it WAS better than before but then my old ones pretty much fell out, but I wasn't blown away by the difference.

Too late now, but I think next time mine need doing I'll probs go for these VT ones, depending on people's experiences.

Thanks everyone. Think ill go with the vt ones as hopefully they should be fit and forget.

I like the look of them polystyrene ones. Look like they'll be easy to fit and probs make it handle better than it does now, dont they also come in packs of 100 :lol:

I reckon they just might be lol.

I wont get these fitted over night, its getting all these jobs done over the winter got my brembos half finsished and looking for more little jobs to start and half finish :lol:

i need mine sorting,been told the poly bush are much easyer to fit than standard :shrug:

most poly bushes are 2 piece items and don't have a metal outer sleeve. when you have the old bush out, it literally takes 5 minutes to put the poly bushes in! you put 1 piece in either side of the hole in the beam and push a metal sleeve through the 2 pieces. job done.

it took me just over 1 hour to replace the offside rear beam bush on mine with a poly bush. that was from jacking the car up to washing my hands after! (the other side was a little longer :bad-words: )

they are a little harder than standard, but if you run coilovers then you won't notice a little more vibration.

Lol stupid iPhone auto correcting for me.

You will notice a tighter rear end and that's always a good thing.

Cue more poor jokes.