krnau

The "What broke on your Corrado today" thread

yes, I feel inspired tonight. This thread will contain anything that brokes on our cars... from a little piece of plastic, to a water pump etc..

->>>> Cigarette lighter

->>>> Battery (99% dead)

:norty:

Bonnet release cable (or should that be the poxy clip at the end of it :bad-words: )

Rev counter, Petrol and temp gauge, MFA and spoiler.

This is due to me dicking around with the HU.

Its being serviced today too so I recon theres more to come.

Watch this space.....

Bought some replacement door pins the other day as the passenger doors nylon ring has dissintegrated and it takes a couple of gos to shut the door. Thought this would be a nice cheap and easy fix.

Drivers side (which was fine anway) took 1 min to swap. Closes with a nice thump now :)

Passenger side would not move at all! I ended up rounding it off. Then spent an hour trying to saw through the pin so I could get a socket on it, or at worst my Irwins.

After an hour of sawing very gingerly I got fed up - and realised that If I sawed through the pin but still couldn't get it out, I'd be left with a door that wouldn't shut.... So left it.

ARGHHHHH, never a dull moment.

I have the problem of trying to do something relatively simple and then leaving my car in a worse state.

On my first punto I tried to put new hub caps on and rounded the threads holding the wheels on.

Bought some replacement door pins the other day as the passenger doors nylon ring has dissintegrated and it takes a couple of gos to shut the door. Thought this would be a nice cheap and easy fix.

Drivers side (which was fine anway) took 1 min to swap. Closes with a nice thump now :)

Passenger side would not move at all! I ended up rounding it off. Then spent an hour trying to saw through the pin so I could get a socket on it, or at worst my Irwins.

After an hour of sawing very gingerly I got fed up - and realised that If I sawed through the pin but still couldn't get it out, I'd be left with a door that wouldn't shut.... So left it.

ARGHHHHH, never a dull moment.

the same happened to me! I still have the old pin on my d/s door, tried to saw it to no success, ended up rounding it with a spanner, so I used thermal duct tape (is it called like this? well you get the idea).

Bonnet release cable (or should that be the poxy clip at the end of it :bad-words: )

How about a stainless steel one :wink:

Yes indeed had a chat with dave at coventry about that.

But mine has broke at the lever end, like a flat speed nut type thing that hooks onto the lever assembly.

Now that'd be good to have too! Hint hint lol!

somebody destroyed spider web hanging from rear spoiler to exhaust pipe :D

little spider need few days to build it up :lol:

Well........ Seems like I've buggered either my rad or a pipe to the rad lol.

Pulled upto fill the g60 with vpower and as I started filling up I noticed a lot.... And I mean a lot of steam, after the way my valver went I actually started reaching under the drivers seat for the extinguisher.... Just incase.

Can see no fluid dripping or anything but I think tomorrow I'm gonna chuck some radweld through. Hope it will last til I can sell my old exhaust and splash on a new Rad instead of my front mounted cooler

Dont put radweld in, it generally doesnt work and also can cause harm to the coolant system. If its one of the pipes then go to halfords and get some self amalgamating (spell) tape.

cheers for the heads up, got cash standing by due to ebaying off a lot of the valver and what i got scrap wise RIP valver :'( (that and the g60 costing less than a grand......score) so plan is find the leak and replace f**ked part oil coooler and go from there

Dont put radweld in, it generally doesnt work and also can cause harm to the coolant system. If its one of the pipes then go to halfords and get some self amalgamating (spell) tape.

Something.... Don't know what's broken. But it appears that my car's taken to eating alternator rectifiers, i'm on my second in a fortnight :'(

The little plastic tabs that link the door lock mechanism to the lock.

Trip to VW tomorrow for new ones.

This just broke on the missus' MK2 so now the central locking isn't working. I replaced the plastic tab with a new part last time but obviously it's not work, so I'm just going to glue it now and have done with it