Sign in to follow this  
darcy1665

CHANGING MY KNOB

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has swapped thier gearknob & gator for one out of another vag car . ie golf . mine is looking rubbish and fancy having a look at alternative options

any ideas welcome

Unless you have something custom trimmed I'd say anything non-standard will just look crap.

I split the knob on mine when trying to change the gaiter, how do you take them off properly?

Just unscrew it, prise the base off and then turn it inside out - can't remember exactly how the knob comes away from the gaitor but it should be pretty obvious once you have it in your hands.

You can still buy a full selection of knobs from the dealers, you can even specify leather trim or plastic knobs....

I got an audi S line 5 speed knob and gaitor.

The Knob fit well and looks in place with the rest of the interior picture from the web! - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul_scott ... r_knob.JPG

I removed the gaitor and fitted it round the handbrake, which is a vast improvement on that crappy plastic effort which VW deemed fit to appear on their top line coupe!

I will try and add a picture later

Just unscrew it, prise the base off and then turn it inside out - can't remember exactly how the knob comes away from the gaitor but it should be pretty obvious once you have it in your hands.

i think there is some type of plastic ring/sleeve that you pull out