Sign in to follow this  
crazymarcel

Cheap Second Car

Due to another Corrado problem :( which see's me havein to use damm bike again, I'm thinking of buyin a cheap runner for work and that.

Saves puttin the miles on my corrado, lets it live in the garage till nice weather and i think i can get it too a better standard by not usein it everyday?

I think i want a vw and have kinda decided on maybe a mk2 gti 8v or a vento,mk3 golf any opions from people on what would make a good second car appreciated?

Not to everyone's taste, but as a result the Jetta can be a very god buy. Not many around any more though I suppose..

How about a nice Vento VR6? Dirt cheap, a few ins groups lower, take the badge off the back and no one would give it a second glance.....perfect stealth weapon! The also handle better than the Golf VR6.

Other than that, I'd probably go for a diesel of some sort......

So what's up with the beast then?

K

I'll know tonight for certain, but my new coil pack is prime suspect. I know you warned me about Beru coilpacks but 2 weeks is takein the p***.

Have just bought a excellent condition late jetta with big bumpers to bomb about in . I'm lookin forward to kerbing it, speedin over speed ramps, leavein it in undesirable places and all the other things i dint/couldent do in my corrado/ :D

Have just bought a excellent condition late jetta with big bumpers to bomb about in . I'm lookin forward to kerbing it, speedin over speed ramps, leavein it in undesirable places and all the other things i dint/couldent do in my corrado/ :D

Yeah, it's great! My little MKII driver gets abused so badly 'cos I really don't care about it (it's already paid for itself a couple of times over!) It makes a really nice change to driving my Corrado where I was always worried about where I left it and the like... 8) :wink: :lol:

i was given a mk3 golf TDI by one of my dads customers (has his own garage) and all it needed was a head casket and a good clean and im usin less than half the fuel a week and payin halft the insurancs so i cn mod the corrado better and not build up the miles!!

i was given a mk3 golf TDI by one of my dads customers (has his own garage) and all it needed was a head casket and a good clean and im usin less than half the fuel a week and payin halft the insurancs so i cn mod the corrado better and not build up the miles!!

Thats part of my reason, can spend more money on corrado (hopefully) by driveing the jetta round on work/shop/nasty road type trips, save mileage and wear on corrado, and give me more time to improve it while it stays dry in the garage.

I know the jetta i bought is gonna be reliable and cheap, can happily cain it,looks alright (only cause its a big bumper one) still decidein if i should ditch the national trust acorn sticker it came with.

Corrado's fixed, maf cable had came disconnected, must have not got the little metal clip on right after BMC fitting, all safe and happy now