Sign in to follow this  
bbewekim

Unplugged switch

Hey all,

I picked up my first Corrado yesterday and just noticed that a plug isnt connected to anything... (i cant see any obvious connection for it either).

Pic is below, any ideas?

Also when i got the car yesterday it started first time when it was freezing cold, and all day it started fine. However today it appears to be a bit hesitant to start. Once its warm it starts with out question, but from completely cold it doesnt like it.

(in the pic the switch is just above the washer bottle and below the blue hosing.

IMG_01151.jpg

I dont have your engine but on my G60 there is the knock sensor plug that looks like that that plugs into a fixed socket into the loom down near the starter moter in that area.

is yorus a 2.0L or 1.8?

cant really tell from the pic but WTF is going on with your ISV - in the pic its the black pot with a white connector - that isnt like any ISV i have ever seen!

Its a 2L valver and my apologies i am a complete Corrado n00b, ive come from a Mk4 Ibiza TDI so my knowledge is completed limited with petrols! Let alone Rados.

I think you're supposed to have a pick up ring on one of the HT leads, which might plug into that plug. It's to help the ECU know which cylinder is firing, like a Cam position sensor.

The ISV looks like one from an early golf or something.

Edit. Actually the ISV does look like one off another 2l 16v. I was sure they all looked roughly the same.... :shrug:

I think you're supposed to have a pick up ring on one of the HT leads, which might plug into that plug. It's to help the ECU know which cylinder is firing, like a Cam position sensor.

The ISV looks like one from an early golf or something.

Correct, it looks like the sensor? that goes round one of the OE plug leads as they are aftermarket ones.

Ian.

So there should be clear where this fits into then? To be honest i had a quick look earlier as i was rushing but i coudnt see anything obvious? Any ideas as to why it doesnt like starting today? (i know its getting cold but still...) started up easy yesterday?

If the leads on the car dont have the switch is it worth while changing back to OEM? for the switch?

Could something like this effect the MPG etc?

just need part 22. Im no expert, I dont know why the sensor is there but I know its gonna make a some kinda a difference. Problem is getting the sensor on the lead, its not easy to take off a plug.