Sign in to follow this  
vw-beasty

which corrado is better? 1.8 16v or 2.0 16v?

1.8 with a 2.0l bottom end, more tuneable management system, and slightly simpler so easy to home tune, and no cat or ever a need for one. Probly cheaper to buy from the off and possibly cheaper to insurance.

Pretty much 6 and two 3s at the end of the day tho mate. Each has somthing alitle differnt to offer,

I had a 2.0 16v in about 2002. My mate loved it so he bought an 1.8 as they were quite a bit cheaper at the time and he couldn't stretch to a 2.0. His was quicker than mine. Gutted :shock: Natually expected the 2.0 to be faster but not so due to CAT and other things they had to put on the 2.0. Id go for the 1.8 if I was in the market for a valver.

1.8 kr is more rev happy than the 2.0 9a because of the cams and the head.and a bit more powerful 145 bhp to 139 bhp i think.I loved my mk2 gti valver for this reason,i miss her :(

1.8 kr is more rev happy than the 2.0 9a because of the cams and the head.and a bit more powerful 145 bhp to 139 bhp i think.I loved my mk2 gti valver for this reason,i miss her :(

same here miss my 16 valver golf :( i had soooo much fun in it :norty:

tbh there usnt much between the 2, same power but 2.0 has more torque

Read through these two links one on the 1.8 other on 2.0

http://www.corradoclub.org/content/view/37/54/

http://www.corradoclub.org/content/view/38/54/

But im on the 2.0 side. Just get a KR or ABF cam in it and a DG remap and it will be quick 8)

After the RR day I will post up the graphs from before and after the cams and map.

Plus the 2.0 is newer so has all the newer interiour trim :D

1.8 16v kr engine - £300

Throttle body conversion kit -£600

Digifant 2 system -£40

Listening to that engine roar at full throttle,everyone turning heads and seeing that huge grin on your face- priceless

For anything else buy a 2.0 9a

This has been done to death- the search is your friend :) Thanks for the above links, Swompy :)